We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

hotel with good pool & family room

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
17 posts
Save Topic
hotel with good pool & family room

i'm thinking of holiday in Penang mid Sep & I'm lokking for hotel with good accom for kids. We have 5 & 9 yr old need a room or better still 2 rooms to cater for us.

I've been reading the forums & it seems that the beaches are good to look at but not good to swim in. are there any hotels that have good pools &, good family rooms.

I forgot to say I'm also after a hotel that's a short walk to restaurants etc

I'd appreciate some ideas or set me straight on beaches / jellyfish etc

Bristol, United...
Level Contributor
686 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: hotel with good pool & family room

yes both are walkable - parkroyal very central.

bayview further out but still walkable

bayview is at the quieter end

I would say the restaurants etc at that end are very quiet - not because of quality but because there is no people at the moment.

Caserina hotel is shut i think its going to be a hard rock hotel and so very few tourists at that end.

A friend owns the star garden lovely food but finding it hard as no tourists.

We had our wedding dinner at Bayview Beach 6 years ago - the rooms excellent size but it was beginning to look a bit old someone else might be able to say if they are any better now.

Park royal right in market etc

London, United...
Level Contributor
1,326 posts
Save Reply
12. Re: hotel with good pool & family room

Golden Sands ..... the swimming pools and gardens are superior to Park Royal.

Having said that I prefer the rooms at the Park Royal. But if I was taking kids then I would opt for Golden Sands, more kid friendly in my opinion.

Most people don't bother to much about the beach in Ferringhi, everyone likes to laze around the resort pools.

13. Re: hotel with good pool & family room

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:16 pm, October 06, 2009
Get answers to your questions about Penang Island