We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Transportation from Batu Ferringhi to Tioman

cary, nc
Level Contributor
14 posts
2 reviews
Transportation from Batu Ferringhi to Tioman

While visiting Penang this summer I am considering a side trip to the island of Tioman. I understand that from Penang one would have to fly to KL and then fly to Tioman. While this may be the best option, I was wondering about bus service from Batu Ferringhi to Mersing and then taking a ferry to Tioman. Any feedback will be greatly appreciated.

Malaysia
Level Contributor
556 posts
1. Re: Transportation from Batu Ferringhi to Tioman

There is no direct bus from Batu Ferringhi to Mersing, unless you buy a full package(transport, hotel etc) from a travel agency which may include pickup/dropoff at your hotel.

The bus hub for all outgoing journey throughout Malaysia/Singapore is "Sg Nibong Bus Terminal", about 40 mins taxi ride from Batu Ferringhi. There are many bus booths, so your best bet is to check directly with them for a direct Pg>Mersing bus.

Transnational coach runs it as 2 trips (Penang>KL, then KL>Mersing).

- Pg>KL- 3.30pm bus(4-5 hrs ride)

- KL> Mersing - 11pm or 11.30pm overnight bus(6 hrs ride), so that you arrive early morning in Mersing.

nadi.com.my/transportation_routes_express2.a…

Conwy, United...
Destination Expert
for Penang Island, Sarawak, George Town
Level Contributor
5,091 posts
66 reviews
2. Re: Transportation from Batu Ferringhi to Tioman

You might want to consider an airasia flight to JB and a bus from JB to Mersing. This would save you a lot of travel time on busses.

cary, nc
Level Contributor
14 posts
2 reviews
3. Re: Transportation from Batu Ferringhi to Tioman

Thanks for the tip about air asia. They have a special on Mondays and it will in fact be a lot cheaper including the ferry to Tioman. Do you have any idea where to inquire about bus routes to Mersing from JB. I want to make sure that all of the timing will work out. thanks so much for your help. I am getting very excited about this trip. :)

Conwy, United...
Destination Expert
for Penang Island, Sarawak, George Town
Level Contributor
5,091 posts
66 reviews
4. Re: Transportation from Batu Ferringhi to Tioman

Hi

Suggest that you go to the JB forum and ask there (only ever passed thru JB so knowledge is limited)

good luck

5. Re: Transportation from Batu Ferringhi to Tioman

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:17 pm, September 24, 2009