We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Nainital to Haridwar

Oslo, Norway
Level Contributor
72 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Nainital to Haridwar

Hello,

I'm planning to go from Nainital to Haridwar in the morning/day (Nov. 25.) - are there any bus or rail options? If not, is it possible to hire a vehicle and what should it cost? Thanks a lot in advance for answering. Regards, linde83

India
Destination Expert
for Shimla, Manali, Kashmir, Shillong, Sikkim, Uttarakhand, Puri, Darjeeling, Kolkata (Calcutta), Himachal Pradesh, Srinagar, Dalhousie, India, Ladakh, Leh
Level Contributor
37,662 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Nainital to Haridwar

linde83

There is no direct train in between, you may hire a car, it would charge Rs.5500 (Indigo) or Rs.8000 (Innova) the journey takes 7 hrs approx.

AshisRoy

Edited: 3:24 am, November 13, 2012
Mysuru (Mysore...
Destination Expert
for Mysuru (Mysore)
Level Contributor
2,004 posts
168 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Nainital to Haridwar

There is a train Kathgodam Dehradun Express which leaves at 1945 and reaches Hardwar at 0230 and continues to Dehradun to reach there at 0420

Kolkata (Calcutta...
Level Contributor
1 post
40 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Nainital to Haridwar

Buses are available from Haldwani.

There is a direct train as mentioned by Prem.

Oslo, Norway
Level Contributor
72 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Nainital to Haridwar

Thank you for the helpful answers.

I would like to travel by day because I believe it's a nice journey (or?) which I don't want do sleep through.. I would like to reach Haridwar for the evening Aarti (anyone who knows when it starts by the way?)

Are there no morning-buses neither from Nainital, nor from Haldwani/Kathgodam?

Did you mean the car rent is possible from Nainital or from Haldwani? Do Indigo have comfortable, secure AC cars? ( Rs. 5500)

One more question: I will arrive Kathgodam early in the morning. Is it preferable to go by bus or taxi to Nainital? What should a taxi cost?

Thanks again.

Best regards

India
Destination Expert
for Shimla, Manali, Kashmir, Shillong, Sikkim, Uttarakhand, Puri, Darjeeling, Kolkata (Calcutta), Himachal Pradesh, Srinagar, Dalhousie, India, Ladakh, Leh
Level Contributor
37,662 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Nainital to Haridwar

Car can be hired from Nainital itself. Indigo is a comfortable AC car, however, Innova is the most comfortable as well as secured for hilly terrains.

Cabs readily available at Kathgodam on arrival of major trains. Small car will charge Rs.750 for Nainital.

AshisRoy

Edited: 9:58 pm, November 13, 2012
Oslo, Norway
Level Contributor
72 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Nainital to Haridwar

Hello,

Thank you again, but I now realize that I have put it wrong; I would like to hire a car with driver, no way I will drive myself in the mountains of India..

So it this also a possiblilty from Nainital to Haridwar, and what should I expect it to cost?

Best regards.

India
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
37,662 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Nainital to Haridwar

The given cost is for vehicle with driver only.

Edited: 5:27 am, November 14, 2012
Oslo, Norway
Level Contributor
72 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Nainital to Haridwar

Ok, that's good.

Thank you for all the usefull information.

Best regards.

Chennai
1 post
Save Reply
9. Re: Nainital to Haridwar

I would like to visit Nainital from Haridwar starting Haridwar around 8.30 AM how long it will take to reach Nainital and also enroute can I go via Corbett Parkand visit Corbett park on the same day

Kolkata (Calcutta...
2 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Nainital to Haridwar

I am planning to visint Nainital 25th of December 2013.

My visiting placces are - Naitail, Ranikhet, Almora, Kaushani, Muketshar, Binsar & back to Haridwar by bus.

Please advise how to plan my trip - days 6 to 7 dsys.

Thank & Regars,

Gopal