We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Gir National Park

Which Dwarka hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Mumbai
Level Contributor
15 posts
32 reviews
Save Topic
Gir National Park

We will be visiting Diu, Somnath, GIr Forest in November 2013 for 5 days.Our base is at Diu

Will be going by train from Mumbai to Veraval & Return will be flight from Rajkot.My queries are

1. How to plan visit to Somnath Temple , Gir National Park

2. Can we visit Gir National Park without staying at Gir, i.e. can we go from diu to National park & come back on the same day.

3. While traveling from Veraval to Diu , which palaces we can see

4.While traveling to Rajkot from Diu, which palces can be covered & is it Good & Safe roads from Diu to Rajkot.

Mumbai
Level Contributor
15 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Gir National Park

Thank you very much

Mumbai
Level Contributor
15 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Gir National Park

Thanks Pratik for your useful tip.

Boston
Level Contributor
82 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Gir National Park

Hi,

I visited Gir, Somnath and Dwaraka recently (in October). Here are some things to keep in mind:

1. The roads are quite bad between Somnath-Gir-Diu; so you need to budget for enough time for travel

2. At Somnath, the main (old) temple where you actually do the pooja could be crowded in the mornings - so an afternoon visit might be preferable (the temple is open morning to evening (I think till 4:30 PM or so) - no midday closures). The new temple (which is what you see in all tourism photos) is very beautiful and on the sea; so plan to spend some leisurely time at Somnath. You can also visit the Triveni sangamam, etc. if you are interested.

3. For visiting Gir and completing the Lion safari, technically you can travel from Diu and be back in Diu in one day but spending a night in Gir might be enjoyable.

Mumbai
Level Contributor
15 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Gir National Park

Thanks nara for your useful tips. We have booked night stay at Gir Forest for early morning safari visit.

Hyderabad, India
2 posts
Save Reply
15. Re: Gir National Park

i will reach Jamnagar by 100 p on 23 rd dec

I have 3 days till 26 th to be at ahmedabad

I want to visit Dwarka , betdwarka, Somanath and Gir

is it possible to make it in three days

Pl suggest me best way to go about

I will be traveling with my family

Thank you

G R Prasad

16. Re: Gir National Park

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, December 07, 2014