We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

From Bhavnagar to Gir Forest

Mumbai, India
3 posts
1 review
Save Topic
From Bhavnagar to Gir Forest

Hi, my wife and I are planning a visit to Palitana Temples and from there to near by places like Gir Forest, Somenath Temple, Junagadh, Viraval and back to Bhavnagar to board the Mumbai bound train.

Looking primarily for assured good accommodation and not too much of road travel in a day - ideal is travel in the morning, post-breakfast and stay overnight or so and go to the next destination. We are senior citizen

Mentioned in this post
Mumbai
Mumbai
Maharashtra, India
Devpur Kutch
Destination Expert
for Gujarat
Level Contributor
1,618 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: From Bhavnagar to Gir Forest

Your ideal trip could be Bhavnagar - Palitana - Sasan Gir - Junagadh - Somnath and then board the return train to Mumbai from Veraval rather than coming all the way back to Bhavnagar.

Mentioned in this post
Mumbai
Mumbai
Maharashtra, India
Mumbai, India
3 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: From Bhavnagar to Gir Forest

Dear Mr. Jadeja,

Good evening,

It was a pleasure to have spoken to you ...I found you very warm in your tone and tenor. Thank God for that.

As I said, I am stuck for accommodation at all these places, so if you could send me some contacts to get clean decent accommodation, with European WC please, at all these places of visit. Stay at Palitana has been taken care of and we surely will try to board the train from Veraval, as suggested by you.

We also intend visiting kutch next year, so will wait for your valuable tips and guidance.

Have a nice day

Warm regards,

Gian Prakash,

P.S. I like your promptness in replying to the queries that are posted in TripAdvisor. You bring comfort to people's travel plans!

Devpur Kutch
Destination Expert
for Gujarat
Level Contributor
1,618 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: From Bhavnagar to Gir Forest

Hi,

Pleasure to be helpful.

Gir Sinh Sadan the Forest Guest House will take bookings before 2-3 weeks. So call them again Dec 1st week and they will give you a fax no. where you have to send a fax message. In Junagadh try the Lotus Hotel. In Somnath the temple Trust Lilavati Guest House.

Welcome to Kutch, any time.

Best wishes.

Mumbai, India
3 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: From Bhavnagar to Gir Forest

Dear Devpur,

Like I said earlier, you are very prompt indeed.

Thank you

I will update you on the accommodation front.

Yes I have abeen advised by Gir Sinh Sadan to contact them in first week of Dec.

Have a nice day

Gian Prakash

New Delhi, India
Level Contributor
1 post
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: From Bhavnagar to Gir Forest

I plan to come with some high end foreign traveler friends of mine in March to Saurashtra. I want to fly and cover Palitana, Gir, Somnath and Junagarh. Kindly advise the itinerary and also the places to stay. How do I actually plan the trip.

navina.jafa@gmail.com

6. Re: From Bhavnagar to Gir Forest

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 3:55 am, December 15, 2012
7. Re: From Bhavnagar to Gir Forest

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:15 am, December 12, 2013