We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Dwarka - Somnath - Gir forest visit

Which Dwarka hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Kanpur, India
1 post
Save Topic
Dwarka - Somnath - Gir forest visit

I am starting my journey from Kanpur by Train , what should be the route for visiting following places,

1. Dwarka

2.Somnath

3. Gir forest

My return ticket is from Ahemdabad.

Praveen Mishra

208 replies to this topic
Gwalior, India
Level Contributor
166 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
21. Re: Dwarka - Somnath - Gir forest visit

very helpful information you have provided on ur forum. Could you tell where you have taken bus for safari in gir forest.

Jodhpur, India
Level Contributor
4 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
22. Re: Dwarka - Somnath - Gir forest visit

Wants to visit Dwarika/ beth dwarika - somnath/ verval -Gir forest- Dieu- also scenic beuty of sea .... wants to drive my VW vento myself... wife and two kids... needs suggesstions for every thing... roads ... days to stay.... where to stay.. also food [my younger one is very found of it....] even of timings ...and days and timing for visits. [please start from ahemdabad]

Hyderabad
1 post
Save Reply
23. Re: Dwarka - Somnath - Gir forest visit

I am visitng rajkot on 13th March and plan to visit dwarka temples, somnath and gir forest . total tour days are 4 and will back from rajkot on 18th. suggest best itenary to visit this places, where to stay , and what will be the cost if i hire a cab ( total 4 persons) to tour these places

Pune, India
8 posts
Save Reply
24. Re: Dwarka - Somnath - Gir forest visit

Hello,

This is my first trip to Gujarat.

I am leaving Pune and reaching Ahmedabad on June 21st morning 6 am with my parents and plan a holiday till 24th /25th. how is the climate in gujarat during this period?

Could you kindly suggest a tour plan of saurashtra, Dwarka, Somnath, Gir etc or the must visit places.

Mumbai (Bombay...
Level Contributor
1,923 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
25. Re: Dwarka - Somnath - Gir forest visit

Sneha,

June end would be beginning of rain and climate remains hot and humid. It is not a right time to visit places like Somnath, Dwarka etc.

If you can postpone it till August/sept (end of Sravan month), the temperature would be moderate, rains also would be sporadic by then and it would be green everywhere. With a good SUV you can cover Ahmedabad city sight seeing, Gandhinagar, Somnath, Gir Forest, Dwarka etc. If you have one more week then you can cover Kutch also.

Sanjiv

Gurgaon, Haryana...
2 posts
Save Reply
26. Re: Dwarka - Somnath - Gir forest visit

I want to visit following destinations in Gujrat

1) Ahmedabad

2) Somnath

3) Dwarka.

I will start my journey from New Delhi in the month of july with my old age parents(65 years).

Please suggest me whether July month is suitable to go Gujrat and what would be the route for the same.

Thanks in Advance

Mumbai (Bombay...
Destination Expert
for Lonavala, Binsar, Dalhousie, Gir National Park, Shirdi, Uttarakhand
Level Contributor
7,815 posts
481 reviews
Save Reply
27. Re: Dwarka - Somnath - Gir forest visit

Hi..mailatsandeep

July is a peak season for rain..so rain is the only problem..though the best time to visit dwarka-somnath is in between november and march..

Heavy rain may create obstacle for bet dwarka visit..rest you can do.

Arrive ahmedabad-get transferred to dwarka by train/bus/taxi - 2 days in dwarka-move to somnath-via veraval station come back to ahmedabad and then delhi

Gurgaon, Haryana...
2 posts
Save Reply
28. Re: Dwarka - Somnath - Gir forest visit

Thanks Lalbahadur :)

Devpur Kutch
Destination Expert
for Gujarat
Level Contributor
1,402 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
29. Re: Dwarka - Somnath - Gir forest visit

Please read the previous comment.

Mumbai (Bombay...
Level Contributor
40 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
30. Re: Dwarka - Somnath - Gir forest visit

I want to tour Gir forest and Somnath temple from Ahmedabad by Taxi on next OCTOBER. Kindly help me from where I can hire?

Edited: 8:54 am, June 05, 2013
Reply to: Dwarka - Somnath - Gir forest visit
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted