We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Good nudist beaches

Stockport, United...
Level Contributor
23 posts
2 reviews
Good nudist beaches

Hi...we staying in San Jaume/ Son Bou for 2 weeks and have hired a car. Can anyone suggest some good quiet nudist beaches and does any know if you can drive down to Cala Fustam/ Cala Trebaluger/ Cala Escorxada? Thanks. We go 30th June 2012

London
Level Contributor
2,405 posts
1. Re: Good nudist beaches

Hi Andy

there are lots to choose from but the best ones you will need to park up and doing some walking, particularly on the unbuilt north coast.

There are no designated nudist beaches and it's not enforced for anyone to cover up either at a resort beach-Shreeks!! from the other post readers ;-) so you will see locals doing this after work on some resort beaches

"Fustam/ Cala Trebaluger/ Cala Escorxada? " those are REAL virgin beaches -access by foot/boat only AND if you want to avoid the boat daytrippers-gawkers go after 15:00

Son Bou is so long you will always find a quiet spot heading west. Binigaus ( via Santo Thomas ) I can recommend. Mesquida/Macraletta/Mitjaneta are easy Car park and stroll

Edited: 10:13 am, June 12, 2012
Stockport, United...
Level Contributor
23 posts
2 reviews
2. Re: Good nudist beaches

I bought a map of the island and it looks as though you can drive to the ones I mentioned or is that not the case ? How far away from San Jaime are the ones you mentioned....Mesquida etc. What is the one at Cala Mitjana like....I guess that would be not too far away for us ? Thanks for any help.

London
Level Contributor
2,405 posts
3. Re: Good nudist beaches

"I bought a map of the island and it looks as though you can drive to the ones I mentioned or is that not the case ?"

.....no, private roads/stoney tracks

use mymenorca.info/menorca-map/menorca-map.php…

and click on Virgin beaches to see locations on map

Stockport, United...
Level Contributor
23 posts
2 reviews
4. Re: Good nudist beaches

Hi there.....so you would not suggest driving down these dirt roads/tracks......so how do you get to Cala Escorxada? That looks nice

Surrey, United...
Destination Expert
for Menorca, Santo Tomas
Level Contributor
16,637 posts
51 reviews
5. Re: Good nudist beaches

Watch driving on unmade roads in hire cars - damaging the undercarriage of the car is never included in the insurance so doing this would turn out to be a very expensive mistake

London
Level Contributor
2,405 posts
6. Re: Good nudist beaches

Andy they are on PRIVATE land!

Cala Escorxada - See the map and websites given for details -its a long walk

also the advice above re hire cars is very sound.

Stockport, United...
Level Contributor
23 posts
2 reviews
7. Re: Good nudist beaches

Cheers for that....I guess we are staying on Son Bou beach for 2 weeks!

Stockport, United...
Level Contributor
23 posts
2 reviews
8. Re: Good nudist beaches

How do you get to Mesquida ?

London
Level Contributor
2,405 posts
9. Re: Good nudist beaches

".I guess we are staying on Son Bou beach for 2 weeks!"

Why? only Fustam/ Cala Trebaluger/ Cala Escorxada are not with car access.You still have the others I listed with Car Parks and loads more besides.

Stockport, United...
Level Contributor
23 posts
2 reviews
10. Re: Good nudist beaches

But they all appear to have the same poor access according to the map for motor vehicles ? Any help would be great

Get answers to your questions about Son Bou