We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Possible 1st visit, Zakantja beach hotel

Which Argassi hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Newcastle upon...
Level Contributor
178 posts
143 reviews
Save Topic
Possible 1st visit, Zakantja beach hotel

Evening all,

Looking to book a week away start of Sept. Myself and my hubby, both early 40's.

We've visited several Greek Islands but neither of us have been to Argassi. The main pulls for us are short transfer from

Airport & nice weather.

We don't mind badic so long as it's clean.

Is this the resort for us ? I know it's a million dollar question :-)

Zakynthos, Greece
Destination Expert
for Zakynthos, Tsilivi, Kalamaki
Level Contributor
5,475 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Possible 1st visit, Zakantja beach hotel

Firstly Kalamaki is the nearest resort to the airport but Argassi isn't that far either.

Secondly it won't matter which resort you choose between Kalamaki and Argassi as it will depend on your transfer, if its a taxi then either is fine, if its by coach transfer its the luck of the gods depending on what route the drop offs are as to how long it will take.

As for Argassi itself I really like it but it has become very quiet since I run a bar there in 2006 and nothing like it used to be but it all depends what your looking for in a resort. Also the beach isn't great just one small stretch is nice but there are seaside pool bars along the coast which are lovely. If I was holidaying on the island I wouldn't hesitate booking Argassi as its my type of resort, so is Kalamaki where I am now. I prefer quieter resorts with just the right amount of bars and restaurants, not to commercial.

Edited: 2:32 pm, February 03, 2014
Newcastle upon...
Level Contributor
178 posts
143 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Possible 1st visit, Zakantja beach hotel

Many thanks after posting I went ahead and booked :-)

We are doing a cruise of Greece and turkey in July / aug but not done a SC week for years so we are both looking for award to the change. We don't like massive resorts, to me it's a good place so long as there is no Mc D's etc lol

Sounds like we've made a good choice for us, only 216 days and we shall see.

Thanks for the response, no doubt I will be posting many more questions over the coming months x

Milton Keynes...
Destination Expert
for Argassi
Level Contributor
4,986 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Possible 1st visit, Zakantja beach hotel

Think you have made a good choice.Zakantha beach hotel is a perfect location,right on the beach and very close to the bars and restaurants.Its also right by the nice beach Kev talked about.To give you an idea of how far from the airport you are its 16 euros in a taxi.Only about twenty minutes away.Any more questions just post and i or others will be happy to reply.Argassi is pretty much a couples resort and i usually say mostly 30's upwards.

dundee
Level Contributor
667 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Possible 1st visit, Zakantja beach hotel

Thank goodness for that. Looks like I have made the right choice.

5. Re: Possible 1st visit, Zakantja beach hotel

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:19 am, February 28, 2015
Get answers to your questions about Argassi
Recent Conversations
More Argassi Topics