We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Argassi night life in June

Level Contributor
16 posts
Save Topic
Argassi night life in June

Hi I went to argassi two years ago I went in may time and wasn't very busy I have booked up for June this year is it busy then or not? Thanks

England
Level Contributor
473 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Argassi night life in June

June should be fine. Some places were late to open last year, all over the island.

Others have caught on to Easyjets early flights and opened early!!

Level Contributor
150 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Argassi night life in June

Hi there,the trend of the island in todays current financial climate sees it very quiet in may,early june and sept/oct. unfortunately the days of a full summer are gone (may through to october) and the only busy months are july/aug having said that we stayed just outside Laganas last Aug and it wasn't packed to the rafters so to be honest Zante has suffered more than most in recent years,i used to live and work on the island and since 2006 have seen its decline in tourists increase every season.If the bigger resorts are struggling then places like kalamaki and argassi have got no chance.Early june will still be quite quiet i would say in argassi but there will still be a few people about so enjoy. :-)

Oxford, United...
Level Contributor
386 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Argassi night life in June

We were there in last two weeks in July last year and even then it wasn't all that busy. certainly not compared to ten years ago when everywhere was. The better restaurants were busy for most of the evening but a lot of places were very quiet, especially the bars. I remember walking past the Jungle Bar about 11 one night and the only people in there were the barman and the dj. Bars that used to be packed, like Legends and Beer Academy were rarely more than a quarter occupied and, talking to local bar staff and waitresses, they were all bemoaning the lack of British visitors and the East Euopean ones that stayed in their hotels drinking rather than coming out and spending money. Great shame cos it's the best Greek Island out there for me.

Level Contributor
150 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Argassi night life in June

Yeah mike i kinda thought so ,its very sad to see the places you know and love dwindle away,we used to stay on the outskirts of Laganas near the agrilla supermarket. and in 2005 it was thriving but if you go back now a lot of places are empty or boarded up or left to rot,yet you drive about 7-8 miles up to Tsilivi and have a walk round and you wouldn't think theres anything wrong......kinda tragic really!!

Zakynthos, Greece
Destination Expert
for Zakynthos, Tsilivi, Kalamaki
Level Contributor
5,565 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Argassi night life in June

Allot of my zakynthian friends who had businesses in Argassi when i was there are now closed and working else where or opened non tourist businesses so they have a 12 month business. Very sad to see my friends who had very successful businesses now just about making a living working as waiters or bar staff but at least they are working.

Bromyard, United...
Level Contributor
477 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Argassi night life in June

Some of the businesses in Argassi are thriving. I think that the economic downturn has impacted on the number of tourists everywhere, and Argassi as a small compact resort has been particularly hit by the AI properties "up the hill". However, those businesses which are offering what people want are doing OK. Friends in Argassi with businesses are reporting that takings are down, but most are OK and riding out the economc storm which has hit world-wide. I guess some of it is just down to survival of the fittest. For me, there is nowhere else I would choose to holiday other than Argassi. Love the place and the people. To answer the OP question - there will be plenty of nightlife options for you in June. Whether they are busy enough for you or not is much down to personal choice.

Oxford, United...
Level Contributor
386 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Argassi night life in June

Agree with you totally Frankies_mum, I love Argassi and have always loved it there. AI has definitely had a big effect on the town but the friendliness of owners and staff in the restaurants and bars haven't. It lacked a lot of the atmosphere it used to have last year and places being half empty wasn't that conducive to getting people to meet people. I really hope things get back on the up for Argassi and the island as a whole. We've relocated to Kalamaki for this years hol, due to having a 6 year old and wanting a hotel with kids entertainment/activities but will definitely be popping back to visit a couple of favourite haunts and eateries.

Bromyard, United...
Level Contributor
477 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Argassi night life in June

Do you know the bizarre thing Mike .... we have been going to Argassi for years (and at least 2 if not 3 times a year at that), and yet every year we discover something, someone, or somewhere else that we haven't seen / met / been. This year, for the first time, we are going to visit the Target Bar (based largely on your review from last year). We'd seen the signs up in the village, but had sort of assumed that they were left over from the "good old days" when Argassi was really busy. We'd also for years (stupidly) assumed that the beach bars weren't open in the evenings, but I can honestly say that some of my best nights in Argassi have been in Waves. I think we were actually responsible for Dennis being late to open up once last year (very rare occurrence). Or that may have ben the Ouzo :-) In any case, I have a mere 6 weeks, 1 day and 16 hours to wait!!

My advice to the OP - don't take anything at face value, have a good look around, read the reviews on TA, and you will have a great time.

Milton Keynes...
Destination Expert
for Argassi
Level Contributor
5,300 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Argassi night life in June

Its an amazing island,not just Agrassi but the whole island has gems to unearth that you never knew existed.First week in june i will go digging for some more.

10. Re: Argassi night life in June

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:15 am, March 22, 2014
Get answers to your questions about Argassi
Recent Conversations
More Argassi Topics