We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Motorbikes & Mopeds

Which Argassi hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Leixlip, Ireland
Level Contributor
167 posts
63 reviews
Save Topic
Motorbikes & Mopeds

I was wondering would people recommend renting out motorbike or moped to travel around Zakynthos? My boyfriend really wants to but im not 100% sure on the idea. If people do recommend it could you also tell us the best place to rent from. Not going till August. Thanks Ciara

Zakynthos, Greece
Destination Expert
for Zakynthos, Tsilivi, Kalamaki
Level Contributor
5,470 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Motorbikes & Mopeds

If you haven't got a motorbike licence hire a moped. I used to get my bike serviced at Olympic rentals also try Faros.

Leixlip, Ireland
Level Contributor
167 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Motorbikes & Mopeds

nope dont think he has a motorbike licence, might try talk him into renting a car would feel that little bit safer :)

Zakynthos, Greece
Destination Expert
for Zakynthos, Tsilivi, Kalamaki
Level Contributor
5,470 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Motorbikes & Mopeds

If you haven't got a motorbike licence i'd definately say moped as he wouldn't have a clue with the gears on a motorbike.

Widnes, United...
Level Contributor
1,926 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Motorbikes & Mopeds

I'd go for a car personally, you can't fall off four wheels! We used Faros and got a great rate by booking online, had the car delivered to our apartments, the guy turned up when he was supposed to and was very friendly and professional.

Milton Keynes...
Destination Expert
for Argassi
Level Contributor
4,985 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Motorbikes & Mopeds

Definately a car.My friend is an experianced biker but he came of a scooter a couple of years ago.Four wheels is recomended as the roads are not great.Peter at mamfredas travel hires cars.He is a great guy and respected by locals as well as returning tourists.He can be found on the main road by Katerina palace and picadilly restaurant.

Washingon DC area
Level Contributor
1,727 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Motorbikes & Mopeds

I think the best way to travel around the Greek Islands is on the back of a bike. But without a license, you might have trouble renting one - even a moped. It varies from island to island, and even among rental places on an island. I made a point of getting a motorcycle license for the sole purpose of being able to rent a bike in Greece.

Leixlip, Ireland
Level Contributor
167 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Motorbikes & Mopeds

Thanks for all the options, staying in katerina palace so could check out hire at mamfreda travel. thanks again you have all been very helpful.

zakynthos
Level Contributor
229 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Motorbikes & Mopeds

I would say the car option is safer. Once you go there you will have lots of options to choose from in great prices. Drive safely.

9. Re: Motorbikes & Mopeds

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:21 am, April 13, 2013
Get answers to your questions about Argassi
Recent Conversations
More Argassi Topics