My wife and I are looking forward to visit the caves in Phong Nha - Kẻ Bàng National Park. After reading a lot of forums on TA we came up with this itinerary:
1. Ride the train from Hué to Đồng Hới in the afternoon;
2. Stay at a hotel in Đồng Hới for one night;
3. Next morning, leave our luggages at the hotel and take a taxi or moto to the entrance of Phong Nha - Kẻ Bàng;
4. Take a tour operated by the park itself with English-speaking guild to these caves - Phong Nha, Tiên Sơn & Paradise;
5. Somehow get back to our hotel to retrieve our luggages and have dinner;
6. Take a taxi to the Đồng Hới station;
7. Take the SE20 overnight train (soft sleeper) at 11:30 PM to our next destination - Ninh Bình.
My question is:
1. Most boat tours mentioned in TA only do the Phong Nha cave and Tiên Sơn cave. Does anyone know if it's possible to do the Paradise cave also in one day?
2. When we're done with the tour, how do we get back to Đồng Hới? Will there be a lot of taxis and motos waiting at the entrance in the afternoon/evening?
3. Is there a reputable taxi company or two in Đồng Hới? Does Mai Linh operate there? If yes, what's they're local phone number?
4. Since our sleeper train won't arrive until almost midnight, we'll be stuck inside the station for hours after dinner. Is Đồng Hới station safe?
Thanks in advance for you reply :)