We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Split to hvar

Atlanta
Level Contributor
6 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
Split to hvar

My family and I are travelling from Split to Hvar on May 30th. I have looked at the Krilo and jadrolinjia lines and both sail late in the afternoon. I am hoping to sail much earlier. Is there another option I am overlooking? I am up for travelling to Bol and then finding a water taxi if necesssary but to my understanding I will have to travel to Stari Grad and then take a bus to Hvar Town. This is fine if best option. Any suggestions or advice is most welcomed. Thank you in advance.

Ely, Minnesota
Destination Expert
for Dubrovnik
Level Contributor
35,582 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Split to hvar

Is the 0830 ferry to Stari Grad from Split too early?

Brighton and Hove...
Destination Expert
for Trogir, Ciovo Island
Level Contributor
5,612 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Split to hvar

Ferry to Stari Grad then bus over to Hvar Town would seem to be your best bet if you can make the 8.30 am. If not there is a 2 pm catamaran direct to Hvar Town.

Edited: 4:12 am, April 23, 2012
Atlanta
Level Contributor
6 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Split to hvar

Thank you both. Yes, we will take the 8:30 to Stari Grad. I was hoping maybe I had overlooked an option which would land us directly in Hvar town, as less transitions with children and luggage is preferable. But this will work out just fine. Thanks much!

4. Re: Split to hvar

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 4:16 pm, June 18, 2013