We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hvar to Vis

cambridge
Level Contributor
21 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
Hvar to Vis

Hi.

I have searched lots of previous posts but can't find the answer to this question! We are going to Hvar in August and want to visit Vis on a day trip. I can see that we would easily be able to do a tour but is it possible to get a water taxi there and back and then do your own thing on Vis - I am not too keen on tours!! OR would anyone recommend trying to stop for the night on Vis? As the ferries/catamarans are quite limited it seems easier to just do a day trip.

Many thanks

Michelle

Durham
Level Contributor
4,861 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hvar to Vis

I think a water taxi would be very expensive compared to taking a boat excursion. Also the boat excursion should give you free time to do your own thing.

Hvar, Croatia
Level Contributor
196 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hvar to Vis

If you have licence to drive a boat maybe you can rent a boat and take trip to island Vis. I think it would cost you about same as taxi boat.

London, United...
9 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Hvar to Vis

We have a boat reserved for 6 people with hvar adventure for a day trip to vis. It's gonna be lovely. The boat is reserved for July 10th. We are only 2 so far and would like to share with another couple.

Please let me know if anyone is interested.

4. Re: Hvar to Vis

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:29 am, May 24, 2013
Get answers to your questions about Hvar Island