We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Travelling to Hvar from Zadar in April

London, United...
1 post
Save Topic
Travelling to Hvar from Zadar in April

Hi all,

In 2 days time i'm on my way to Hvar island - yay!

It's going to be a bit of a nightmare, i think, as i'm travelling alone and never travelled before, so your help would be apprecaited.

I leave London at 10:55am and arrive in Zadar at 14:20..... its from here on i'm a little lost on how to get to Hvar. Now i've looked up online what i THINK is the journey, but some help and advice would be great.

I think i need to.....

Make my way to Zadar bus station from the airport. I think it would be easier to get a taxi for this bit?

Once there i think i have to get the 15:30, platform 5 bus/coach (AT RIJEKA-ANTONIO TOURS PAG) to Split. This arrives in Split at 18:40. Does anyone know how much this is likely to cost? Also, i THINK the coach ends it journey right at the harbour? is this right, as i then need to get the ferry....

Once in Split i then need to get the Ferry to Stari Grad. Now, ideally, i need to go straight to Hvar, but i've been looking and i dont think there is a direct ferry to Hvar at this time of the evening - again please can someone confirm this for me as it would be SO much easier if there was a ferry at this time to Hvar.

Anyway, i found this page - www.jadrolinija.hr/pdfs/635.2011.ljeto.e.pdf - and it says there is a ferry at 8:30pm to Stari Grad and arrives there at 11pm. However, this is high season, so i wanted to confirm if this ferry is still travelling at this time of year at that time?

Once in Stari Grad i then need to get a taxi to Hvar harbour where my hotel is. Do you know how long the taxi drive from Stari Grad will take and how much you think it would be?

Thats the journey there..... and i would also love some help to get back to Zadar on the saturday please if possible? I need to be back in the Airport by 4pm to get the 5:20pm flight. Any help on my home journey would be so much appreciated as i havent managed to plan this bit yet.

Thanks so much in advance for your help - i cant wait to go, just a little nervous about getting there on my own in a country i've never been before ;-)

Thanks

Dan

Hvar, Croatia
Level Contributor
196 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Travelling to Hvar from Zadar in April

I think that you know everything,you write everything corect. At this time of year you have ferry from Split to Starigrad at8 30 pm and last catamaran direct to Hvar is at 4 pm. From Starigrad you have bus to Hvar(25kn) or taxi (150kn-200kn).And yes bus from Zadar stay few meters from ferry to Starigrad. If you arive in Zadar at 14 20 pm or before maybe you can take taxi and get to catamaran at 16 00 pm , but if you come later take a bus it is cheaper. Also you can rent a car from Starigrad to Hvar check www.rentacarhvar.com

1 post
Save Reply
2. Re: Travelling to Hvar from Zadar in April

What's the best way to get from pula to hvar? I'm travelling next Friday and want the easier possible route? Thanks

3. Re: Travelling to Hvar from Zadar in April

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 3:17 pm, June 22, 2013
Get answers to your questions about Hvar Island