We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

4 day Itinerary for Gangtok

Noida, India
Level Contributor
11 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
4 day Itinerary for Gangtok

I plan to visit Gangtok from 11th to 16th Oct 2013. We have 4 full days (excl arrival and departure). We have planned the current Itinerary as -

Day 1 - Local S/S Gangtok

Day 2 - Nathula Pass, Tsomgo Lake, Baba Mandir

Day 3 & Day 4 - We need to make a choice between Ravangla/Pelling & Lachung/Yumthang

Can somebody recommend which option would be better for Day 3 & 4. Also, we are 4 female travellers - any safety concerns, tips in Sikkim/Gangtok. Thanks.

India
Destination Expert
for Shimla, Manali, Kashmir, Shillong, Sikkim, Uttarakhand, Puri, Darjeeling, Kolkata (Calcutta), Himachal Pradesh, Srinagar, Dalhousie, India, Ladakh, Leh
Level Contributor
37,109 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 4 day Itinerary for Gangtok

North Sikkim needs at least 2n/3d. Only Yumthang (Zero Point) can be done in 2 days. which is little tiring too. If you have no problem in that, may think of Yumthang. Otherwise Pelling is a good option. Number of waterfalls, tea garden (en-route), oldest monastery etc to see there.

Edited: 4:27 am, September 20, 2013
Noida, India
Level Contributor
11 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 4 day Itinerary for Gangtok

Thanks for your prompt response. In case we go for the Pelling option, what else to cover..Ravangla or Namchi or something else ? Would you also know the list of documents reqd for the Nathula permit ?

Oxford, United...
Destination Expert
for Sikkim
Level Contributor
231 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 4 day Itinerary for Gangtok

Hi Nalini,

As suggested by Asish da, North Sikkim generally comes with a 2N/3D package. As you have only two days you can do either Lachung-Yumthang-Zero Point or Lachen-Gurudongmar Lake. Both will be a bit hectic though. Please check the traveller reviews and photos for Pelling Attractions, Yumthang Valley-Yumesamdong (Zero Point) and Gurudongmar Lake here in Tripadvisor itself and you can chose any one of them whichever seems best to you.

If someone asks me to chose among these three places, I will vote for Gurudongmar. But that's my choice only.

Himadri.

India
Destination Expert
for Shimla, Manali, Kashmir, Shillong, Sikkim, Uttarakhand, Puri, Darjeeling, Kolkata (Calcutta), Himachal Pradesh, Srinagar, Dalhousie, India, Ladakh, Leh
Level Contributor
37,109 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: 4 day Itinerary for Gangtok

Nalini18

Rabangla and Namchi comes en-route to Pelling from Gangtok. Both can be covered in 6 hrs journey, on the way to Pelling. 2 passport photos and photo ID of each member to be deposited for the permit to Nathula/Tsomgo.

Edited: 6:20 am, September 20, 2013
Kolkata (Calcutta...
Level Contributor
911 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: 4 day Itinerary for Gangtok

Nalini18,

the question here u want to cover more spot or want to cover beauty ...

Day one and Day two - quite ok .

Day three and four - Either go for 1 night 2 days north sikkim package which include Lachung , yumthang.. or

Pelling Via ravangla ...

If you asked me my vote goes to Pelling .,. In the month of october sky is 95% clear and The sunrise you have to see Over Mt. Kanchanjunga from Pelling its a experience to cherish in life .. life memorable experience ... go for pelling .. No doubt on it .....Must Visit kanchanjunga water falls ....and moreever in your team if children over there they will Enjoy more at ravangla pelling than Yumthang

Noida, India
Level Contributor
11 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: 4 day Itinerary for Gangtok

Thank you so much for your prompt inputs!

Delhi
Level Contributor
7 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: 4 day Itinerary for Gangtok

Hi All:

I will be visiting Kalimpong, Darjelling and Gangtok for 8 days /7 nights from 25th October 2013 to 1st November 2013. I

have made all hotel bookings. However i need a private cab for pick&drop, sightseeing. Does anyone have numbers of some

recommended cab companies?

India
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
37,109 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: 4 day Itinerary for Gangtok

You have to hire different cabs for sightseeing of Gangtok/Darjeeling. Because, there are some restrictions to give business to the local vehicles.

Edited: 7:28 am, September 24, 2013
Delhi
Level Contributor
7 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: 4 day Itinerary for Gangtok

Thanks a lot AshisRoy:

Basically, i land in Bagdogra on 25th Oct and head to Kalimpong for 1 night stay, then i head to Darjelling for a 3 night stay, then head to Gangtok for a 3 night stay and return back to Bagdogra on 1st Nov 2013 to catch back my flight. I have already made all hotel bookings.

So, was thinking that i hire a single cab which can provide me Airport pick and drop as well as local sightseeing. If a single cab isnt possible, would it be possible to share numbers of reliable cab guys for each of these places.

Thanks a lot in advance.

Edited: 10:57 am, September 24, 2013
India
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
37,109 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: 4 day Itinerary for Gangtok

alexSj

Well, in that case, do hire a cab for all the transfers. Bagdogra>Kalimpong>Darjeeling>Gangtok>Bagdogra can be possible in a singe cab. But there will be problem for parking in Darjeeling and Gangtok. Sightseeing for all the places to be done by local cab only (except Kalimpong).

May contact Mr. Sangay Sherpa, off_road@rediffmail.com +919832054944/+919832756130.

Skyworld Tours and Travels. Ramesh Basnet 09832089339, 09743141606. toursgangtok@gmail.com

Edited: 9:28 pm, September 24, 2013