We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

weather in sikkim during April

Mumbai (Bombay...
1 post
Save Topic
weather in sikkim during April

Vacation in April 2012. pl advice on weather condition and places to see

140 replies to this topic
Gangtok, India
Level Contributor
70 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: weather in sikkim during April

Weather condition on April will be very pleasent and its good time to visit sikkim because during the month of April you will get to see both flower ,snow and clear view of mountain as well

PLACES TO SEE

well Sikkim is divide into four district and all the district have its own natural beauty if you have enough time you can cover all the four district but if you limited time most important to see are as follow

East Sikkim: Nathula pass (China and India Border)

Baba Harbajansingh Mandir (Hindu temple) and its historical place of Baba Harbajan. and tsomgo lake (12,400 ft) its a day excursion and back to Gangtok.

North sikkim : to cover both Lachen and Lachung you need minimum 2 night 3 days. At north Sikkim you can see Gurudongmar Lake (17,100 ft), Thangu, cold deasert, Tibetan plateau and back to lachen Hotel and drive to Lachung and can see yumthang valley, Zero Point, flower sanctuary, hot spring water falls etc.

and if you have time spare you can visit west sikkim which is the first capital of Sikkim.

India
Destination Expert
for Shimla, Manali, Kashmir, Shillong, Sikkim, Uttarakhand, Puri, Darjeeling, Kolkata (Calcutta), Himachal Pradesh, Srinagar, Dalhousie, India, Ladakh, Leh
Level Contributor
35,606 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: weather in sikkim during April

Ushmashah

April is the right time to visit Sikkim. The sky will be clear wild mild touch of cold in the air. You may do the following itinerary :

Day 1 Bagdogra/NJP – Sighik

Day 2 Singhik – Lachen

Day 3 Lachen – Gurudongmar – Lachung

Day 4 Lachung – Yumthang - Gangtok

Day 5 Gangtok – Nathula & Tsomgo.

Day 6 Gangtok - Local sight seeing & transfer to Pelling.

Day 7 Pelling - local sight seeing.

Day 8 Pelling – NJP/Bagdogra

AshisRoy

Edited: 1:45 am, November 16, 2011
Bengaluru, India
2 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: weather in sikkim during April

I m planning a trip to North Sikkim. Our travel agent suggested we stay at Hotel Snow Valley at Lachen (North Sikkim). Any reviews on the hotel?

India
Destination Expert
for Shimla, Manali, Kashmir, Shillong, Sikkim, Uttarakhand, Puri, Darjeeling, Kolkata (Calcutta), Himachal Pradesh, Srinagar, Dalhousie, India, Ladakh, Leh
Level Contributor
35,606 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: weather in sikkim during April

In which month you are planning for North Sikkim? The road is not at all safe now for tourists, it might take another 1-2 months for restoration of the road. The hotel is unknown.

AshisRoy

Edited: 4:21 am, December 21, 2011
Bengaluru, India
2 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: weather in sikkim during April

I m planning a trip on the 22nd of January 2012 - 3N/4D (Lachen - Gurudongmar - Lachung - Yumthang). Let me know if its alright to go up there at that time. We are 4 young adults aged between 24 and 28.

Would really appreciate some suggestions on hotels to stay in at Lachen.

Thanks

India
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
35,606 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: weather in sikkim during April

North Sikkim is not advisable in January. Major part of the roads are still broken. Snow may blocked the road any time during winter.

AshisRoy

Edited: 6:16 am, December 21, 2011
Pune
Level Contributor
2 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: weather in sikkim during April

i am planning to visit Lachen Lachung in March 2012, but in light of recent quakes...I am wondering if that would be a good idea...Can you please suggest?

India
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
35,606 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: weather in sikkim during April

swapnil,

Lachen/Lachung can be visited in March. The broken roads are under restoration, which will be completed by that time.

AshisRoy

Edited: 5:02 am, December 25, 2011
Pune
Level Contributor
2 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: weather in sikkim during April

Hi Ashish,

Thanks for the info...I hope the roads are restored else it will be a disaster! :)

MUMBAI
Level Contributor
12 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: weather in sikkim during April

Dear Ashis da,

I got a very good suggestion from your writing. We two family is going to Sikkim on April end, our plan is Gangtok, Lachen, lachung, & Peiling for 7 N & 8D, what you feel time is sufficient, and weather of that time. Whether Chhangu lake, Baba Mandir and Gurudongmar lake some breathing difficulties there, becoz we had two kids 4-5 Yrs old. One travel agent from Shiliguri asks 21 K per family (2 adult + 1 kids) all inclusive food, hotel & sight seeing, is it okay or costly. He told that he'll provide standard category hotel. Waht will be the temperature in lachen and lachung at that time and suggest me about clothing we have o take. Pls advice us for a good trip

Thanks

Nayan

Reply to: weather in sikkim during April
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted