We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

gangtok

Which Gangtok hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Nagpur, India
1 post
Save Topic
gangtok

Will i get ice in gangtok now

i.e on sep 1st week

India
Destination Expert
for Shimla, Manali, Kashmir, Shillong, Sikkim, Uttarakhand, Puri, Darjeeling, Kolkata (Calcutta), Himachal Pradesh, Srinagar, Dalhousie, India, Ladakh, Leh
Level Contributor
35,049 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: gangtok

No, there will be no snow ('ice') in Gangtok.

AshisRoy

Edited: 7:16 am, September 01, 2011
Navi Mumbai (New...
1 post
Save Reply
2. Re: gangtok

we are group of 5...and r moving to sikkim this 27th nov for a week i.e 4th dec...would like to know about the adventure sports available for this season...n also a brief schedule. trying paragliding and river rafting (venue prerequisite, expenditure, time required, contact details if any; as all of us r new for it) is what we look forth in the vacation and sightseeing as well. pl. guide.

India
Destination Expert
for Shimla, Manali, Kashmir, Shillong, Sikkim, Uttarakhand, Puri, Darjeeling, Kolkata (Calcutta), Himachal Pradesh, Srinagar, Dalhousie, India, Ladakh, Leh
Level Contributor
35,049 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: gangtok

prashishsriva...

You may try the following itinerary :

27th Bagdogra/NJP – Sighik

28th Singhik (Local s/s)

29th Singhik – Lachen

30th Lachen – Gurudongmar – Lachung

31st Lachung – Yumthang

01st Lachung – Gangtok

02nd Gangtok - local sight seeing

03rd To Pelling or Ravangla

04th Ravangla / Pelling – NJP/Bagdogra

For adventure sports, you may contact pallab@naturebeyond.org

They are reliable.

AshisRoy

Edited: 9:17 pm, November 16, 2011
mumbai
4 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: gangtok

Hello Sirs/Mams,

I am planning the route Gangtok-pelling-darjeeling-mirik for a vacation.

Could you pls let me know the answers of below queries:

1)From where will i get a cab to Gangtok from Bagdogra airport and what will be its fare.(pls suggest me all options as i want to spend less while commuting) and how many hrs will it take

2)is 2000rs ok for local sight seeing of Gangtok covering 7-8 points exept Rumtek Monastery

3)I want an exclusive cab to visit Nathula pass,changi lake and baba mandir.How much will it cost?

India
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
35,049 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: gangtok

hbk_mumbai

Your post has already been replied in another thread.

AshisRoy

Edited: 3:02 am, March 14, 2012
Ranchi, India
4 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: gangtok

Hi,

We 4 adults and 2 kids(both below 4 years) have planned a trip to Gangtok and North Sikkim. We will reach Gangtok on 2nd of April and will head towards North Sikkim on 3rd of April. I read somewhere in this forum that one should carry ID proof to visit North Sikkim. Do I have to carry ID proof of kids also. My daughter's age is 2 years and we only have her birth certificate as her ID proof. Can I use that?

India
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
35,049 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: gangtok

Priyank29

No ID proof will be needed for the kids. You should carry 2 passport photos of each adult member and ID proof.

AshisRoy

Edited: 1:47 am, March 15, 2012
Ranchi, India
4 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: gangtok

Thanks Ashish,

Chandigarh, India
Level Contributor
7 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: gangtok

is JUNE an appropriate time to visit gangtok. i've kids along, 2 and 7 years. should i include pelling or kalimpong?

India
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
35,049 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: gangtok

sunbands

To be on the safe side, try to make it by mid-June. Weather will be favourable. Though there are chances for occasional rains in late hours of day or evening.

You may add Pelling (2nts) and Kalimpong (1nt).

AshisRoy

Edited: 11:03 am, May 25, 2012