We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Gangtok to Bagdogra Helicopter Service

Delhi
Level Contributor
111 posts
15 reviews
Gangtok to Bagdogra Helicopter Service

Hi ,

I have read in the Telegraph today that the commercial flights to Bagdogra have resumed

telegraphindia.com/1110621/jsp/siliguri/stor…

I have a few questions

1. Is this service Punctual and Regular or is it intermittent . As in can i risk a connecting flight on this service

2. What is the cost and how do we book it

I plan to use this service to connect to a 4 20 pm flight out of Bagdogra

India
Level Contributor
39,490 posts
56 reviews
1. Re: Gangtok to Bagdogra Helicopter Service

The helicopter service has started from yesterday. Normally, they run twice in each way everyday. But, they run more shuttles, as per demand. However, there are only 3 seats for general passengers, 2 seats are reserved for VIPs. The booking can be made from Sikkim Tourism office at Gangtok.

Edited: 12:18 pm, June 21, 2011
Gangtok, India
Level Contributor
53 posts
2 reviews
2. Re: Gangtok to Bagdogra Helicopter Service

Answering your queries

The service is regular unless there is a) fog and rainfall and b) VIP movement. Since your flight is at 430 pm you can ask the STDC to inform you by 0800 hrs and always better to have a backup of vehicle

Cost is Rs 2200 per person. The catch is only 10 Kgs allowed per person and no heavy suitcases.

3. Re: Gangtok to Bagdogra Helicopter Service

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 8:15 am, October 02, 2012