We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best route from Bangalore to Puducherry

Bangalore...
2 posts
Save Topic
Best route from Bangalore to Puducherry

What is currently the best route from Bangalore to Puducherry by road?

Tiruchirappalli...
Level Contributor
1,272 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best route from Bangalore to Puducherry

bangalore->hosur->krishnagiri->thiruvanamalai->thindivanam->pondicherry

will be the best route

bangalore->hosur->krishnagiri->thiruvanamalai->vilupuram->pondicherry

you can choose :)

India
Level Contributor
28 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Best route from Bangalore to Puducherry

The direct route from Krishnagiri via TV Malai is totally potholed.The best route at the moment is BLR-Hosur-Krishnagiri-Vellore-Arcot-Vandavasi-Tindivanam-Pondy.Budget for a 7hour drive with the major portion on 4lanes.

Chennai
Destination Expert
for Chennai (Madras), Tamil Nadu
Level Contributor
3,449 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Best route from Bangalore to Puducherry

Agree with Lifeagain, on the Tiruvannamalai route. It is a nightmare on those roads . . .

regards

Rajan

1 post
Save Reply
4. Re: Best route from Bangalore to Puducherry

Yes this is the best route. I used this path during 15aug13 weekend and the entite stretch is good. But dont forget to take bypass road in cheyyar, vandavasi

Bangalore
1 post
Save Reply
5. Re: Best route from Bangalore to Puducherry

You can take Bangalore-Krishnagiri-Karimangalam-Morappur-Harur-Thiruvannamalai-Villupuram-Pondicherry.

Route:Bangalore-NH7-Karimangalam-MDR-Harur-SH6B-Thiruvannamalai-NH234-Villupuram-NH45A-Pondicherry.

1 post
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Best route from Bangalore to Puducherry

The best route is here

BLR-Hosur-Krishnagiri-Vellore-Arcot-Vandavasi-Tindivanam-Pondy

Never go this route you wil ruine your vehicle and health and regret and forget pondy

Worst route 1

Bangalore-Krishnagiri-Karimangalam-Morappur-Harur-Thiruvannamalai-Villupuram-Pondicherry.

Worst route 2

bangalore->hosur->krishnagiri->thiruvanamalai->vilupuram->pondicherry

Bengaluru, India
Level Contributor
1 post
12 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Best route from Bangalore to Puducherry

Best route to Pondicherry (just travelled on it 3 days ago) is Bangalore - Hosur - Krishnagiri - Vellore - Arcot - Cheyaar - Tindivanam - Pondicherry. You can do this in about 6 hours and the State Highway between Arcot-Cheyaar-Tindivanam is in excellent shape.

Mentioned in this post
Vellore
Vellore
Vellore District, India
Bangalore...
1 post
Save Reply
8. Re: Best route from Bangalore to Puducherry

I travelled form BLR to Pondicherry on 28th AUg 2014. The road

"bangalore->hosur->krishnagiri->thiruvanamalai->thindivanam->pondicherry" is bad.

The road from Krishnagiri to thiruvanamalai is very bad condition. Some places there is no road at all.

Best road to visit Puducherry is

Hosur - Krishnagiri - Vellore - Arcot - Cheyaar - Tindivanam - Pondicherry.

Mentioned in this post
Vellore
Vellore
Vellore District, India
Bengaluru, India
Level Contributor
4 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Best route from Bangalore to Puducherry

Hello Guys,

I have been to pondicherry earlier through the most suggested route. I am again travelling to pondicherry next month. Can anyone suggest the route if I want to take a detour (assuming it will be from Arcot) and try to cover the east coast road as well on my way from Bangalore to Pondicherry. Will it be too long a distance to cover in one ride. Has anyone tried this route before. The other option can be to drive on the east coast road once I settle in pondicherry. Please suggest

Bengaluru, India
Level Contributor
5 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Best route from Bangalore to Puducherry

Hi Rohit,

I too am planning a trip to Pondicherry with my family and going through most online post it seems: (Blore-Hosur-Krishnagiri-Vellore-Arcot-Thindivanam-Pondi) is the best route to take. However, I have never heard of a route through east coast road; lets hope someone with knowledge replies to your query :)