We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

from darjeeling to nepal

Mae Sot, Thailand
2 posts
1 review
Save Topic
from darjeeling to nepal

I will be traveling from Calcutta to Darjeeling, I "think" I've read it is an easy hop over to Nepal via Siliguri. Am I understanding this correctly. Any advice? P.S. I'll be traveling with a kid. Well traveled, but still a kid.

India
Destination Expert
for Shimla, Manali, Kashmir, Shillong, Sikkim, Uttarakhand, Puri, Darjeeling, Kolkata (Calcutta), Himachal Pradesh, Srinagar, Dalhousie, India, Ladakh, Leh
Level Contributor
36,888 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: from darjeeling to nepal

There are two ways to reach Nepal from Siliguri. One is via Pashupatinagar> Bhaktapur and the other is Via Kakarvita. Both the journeys are through road transport and extremely tiring, especially for children.

Edited: 8:16 pm, March 24, 2013
Mae Sot, Thailand
2 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: from darjeeling to nepal

thank you. i had noticed your posts in an older thread and was hoping you would see mine. My daughter has done long bus rides here in Thailand and long haul flights, but I'm more concerned with my own lack of information making things worse.

3. Re: from darjeeling to nepal

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11:15 am, June 13, 2014