We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Family Garden Compostela Beach

Which Los Cristianos hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
14 posts
Save Topic
Family Garden Compostela Beach

Hi, staying at the Family Garden Hotel wondering where best to find nice places to eat either Los Cristianos or P.de Las Americas?

Yorkshire,England
Level Contributor
452 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Family Garden Compostela Beach

Family Garden Compostela Beach (formerly Compostela Beach) is actually in a great spot. Opposite is the Safari Centre with lovely restaurants and shops. If you turn right out of the apartments and keep walking at the next right which takes you down to the beach there are some good bars/restaurants along the way. The Surfers is one I can recommend. Depends what you are looking for though, you are in a lovely area and by far one of the best beaches in PDLA. Enjoy.

Maria

14 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Family Garden Compostela Beach

Thank you for your reply, is the hotel nearer PDLA or Los Cristianos.

Yorkshire,England
Level Contributor
452 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Family Garden Compostela Beach

I would say closer to LC but is classed as PDLA. If you walk to the beach facing the sea along the promenade on your left is towards LC go through a tunnel you are into LC, or turn to your right is the promenade which takes you all the way to Costa Adeje and beyond which is also a lovely walk.

Maria

14 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Family Garden Compostela Beach

Compostela Beach what is it like?

Bristol, United...
Level Contributor
849 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Family Garden Compostela Beach

Hi returned yesterday after a lovely stay - just couple of points we were situated next to the road - did suffer from some noise - not from the road but from the internal courtyard outside the bedroom window. Fellow guests returning late at night or early morning did tend to be very noisy which echoed around this area. The apartments location is brilliant. I also would recommend Surfers for breakfast or lunch. Barca for fish, this is located on the sea front. For meat and entertainment I would not hesitate in going to Embryo. This is opposite the blue hotel next door to Compostela and is upstairs. They have a flamenco show from 9-11 which we thoroughly enjoyed and their steaks were superb !! I would also recommend going on the whale and dolphin watching trips - it was a real highlight of our holiday we saw loads of dolphins and 2 types of whales, pilot whales and also the more elusive Fin whales. We also visited Jungleland again a brilliant day out. This was our first time in Tenerife - but not our last !

Essex
Level Contributor
333 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Family Garden Compostela Beach

How far is this from PDLA beach/Veronicas and also Siam Park? Either walking or taxi. Would you say it was a safe place for a group of ( not very worldly wise) girls on their first holiday.

United Kingdom
Level Contributor
1,433 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Family Garden Compostela Beach

If you dont mind walking Veronicas is at least 3/4 hour steady walking from Compostela But there is a bus stop 1/4 hr walk opposite the Hotel Vulcano and Zentral centre. Get on here and get off at next stop Hotel Columbus 1/2 mile. journey

Las Vistas beach is right on the door step of Compostela.

There are free buses to Siam park

Edited: 11:17 am, November 08, 2014
Chorley, United...
Level Contributor
286 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Family Garden Compostela Beach

Its about 5 mins walk to la Vista beach which I think is the nicest beach, 10 -15 mins to Veronicas & PDLA beach, again walking & SIam Park is probably a taxi or bus ride

It is in a lovely spot and would say its safe for a group of girls, providing they take all usual precautions as they would anywhere.

Also only a couple of mins walk to Hard Rock cafe

Doncaster, United...
Level Contributor
1,481 posts
104 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Family Garden Compostela Beach

I would agree with Cheryl, that it is only about 15 to 20 minutes easy walk to Veronicas from Compostela Beach

Burnley
Level Contributor
301 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Family Garden Compostela Beach

If you like a good English breakfast without getting ripped off, try Buzz Bar down the side of Compostela Beach on the same strip as Surfers and Scampis. You won't be disappointed

Also if you like Chinese/Cantonese. Come out of main reception, turn left and walk past the Mare Nostrum complex you then come to Parque Santiago 3. On there is Khong Tsha ( Excellent ). Been there over 20 years.

Get answers to your questions about Los Cristianos