We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

first time advise please

Swansea, United...
Level Contributor
148 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
first time advise please

thinking of using tesco voucher's (Los Claveles) any advise.

1 parking

2 will we get a poor studio because of the voucher's

3 are there any bars or restaurant's near the apartment's

Ireland, UK
Level Contributor
2,738 posts
110 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: first time advise please

Don't know theses apartments but I have used tesco vouchers for UK hotels for the past 5 years and have never been given an inferior room ,that said ,make sure you compare the price on line etc for the apartments as I notice this year the hotels I have looked are much more expensive if you use your vouchers.

Sorry I can't help with your other questions.

Swansea, United...
Level Contributor
148 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: first time advise please

Thank you for the reply. The barcelo chain doesn't give Internet prises usually 10/15% more. Cosmos the cost is nearly double when you try to use the vouchers

Tenerife, Spain
Level Contributor
17,542 posts
156 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: first time advise please

Don´t know anything about Tesco vouchers but as Tenerife has no connection with Tesco I would be surprised if Spanish hotels accept them so perhaps you should enjoy using them in the UK.

As far as Los Claveles is concerned they have a small car park outside the complex, it is a nice small(ish) complex in a good location and there are lots of bars and restaurants within a 5-10 minute walk many with evening entertainment.

http://redqueenmusings.wordpress.com/

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
10,827 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: first time advise please

lol@aguilas

You don't spend them in Spanish hotels.

you collect clubcard vouchers during the year, 4 times a year you get sent your vouchers, and they can be exchanged for 3 times there value, (used to be 4),

We've used ours for days out at the races, holidays to goa and Benidorm, tickets to go up the Eiffel tower, and meals out.

What fatylewis would be doing, is exchanging their clubcard vouchers for accommodation at the Los Claveles,

for eg, if they had £300 worth of clubcard vouchers this could be exchanged for £900 worth of cosmos vouchers (I know cosmos is in the scheme, not sure what other company is), Tesco will send fatylewis £900 worth of vouchers with Cosmos printed on them, then fatylewis would ring cosmos and ask for a price, and then book the room and have to then send the vouchers off to cosmos. Hey presto room booked.

Problem with this is that you do not get a reduced rate on a room, you have to pay full price, like if you go to book a holiday using your vouchers it's brochure price.

Tenerife, Spain
Level Contributor
17,542 posts
156 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: first time advise please

Sounds brilliant - so the UK does have some good things - but not the weather really glad to be back tonight who goes on holiday in May with a woolie jumper, warm jacket and a pair of boots - ME!! sad thing was I needed them.

http://redqueenmusings.wordpress.com/

Ireland, UK
Level Contributor
2,738 posts
110 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: first time advise please

Going a bit off topic here Claire but we always book Marriott Hotels with them and they do give you the on line rate.But unfortunately there's not a lot of competition with Spanish hotels .

Swansea, United...
Level Contributor
148 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: first time advise please

Just booked (Los Claveles) with appartments 4 you webb price.

THank you Agulias your advise was god enough for me to book

Faty

Swansea, United...
Level Contributor
148 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: first time advise please

Just booked (Los Claveles) with apartments 4 you webb price.

Thank you Agulias your advise was good enough for me to book

Faty

Bloody spell check

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
10,827 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: first time advise please

Did you mange to use your clubcard vouchers.

Swansea, United...
Level Contributor
148 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: first time advise please

yes no problem £50 =£150.I used them in the a couple of years ago in Lanzarote (barcelo) i had Webb price then you can still use them with Barcelo but they add on about 10-15% now

Faty

Get answers to your questions about Los Cristianos