We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Back home after an amazing holiday :)

Which Los Cristianos hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
tipperary
Level Contributor
1,207 posts
28 reviews
Save Topic
Back home after an amazing holiday :)

We arrived back last night after two weeks of heaven :) I had to be dragged onto the plane to return home but at least we have great memories until next year fingers crossed . Our apartment in Victoria Court 2 was top class , the complex itself was lovely and quiet , and so near everything , I would go back in a heartbeat .

I will write up some reviews during the week when I catch up with the washing :( we visited some great places , ate and drank very well , the Olive Garden , Chill Out , Linares , Terraza del Mare to name but a few .

Oneleg you are certainly not wrong about the Olive Garden , fantastic food and great sized portions . We actually passed it out the first few nights before we copped where it was as it is tucked in the middle of a couple of nik-nak shops . We went on the Tuesday Curry night and my husband thought he had died and gone to heaven . My daughter and I had the chicken tikka skewers with rice , an onion bahji , naan bread and a delicious curry sauce , hubbie had a lamb meatballs dish with the same extras and my son had a steak skewer dish fried with chilli oil !!! Excellent food and great service , definitely a must visit !

Siam Park was fantastic as usual , had lovely visits there . Had lovely long walks along the seafront every night , played mini-golf in Vivos a couple of times , great place and a brilliant musician Marc Craig ( ? I am not good with names ) sang great songs to suit all tastes .

The people who work in bars and restaurants , shops , Taxi drivers and so on are to be commended all have great big smiles on their faces and nothing is too much trouble . They work such long hours and still smile , they put us to shame .

I had the pleasure of meeting a couple of Forumers and their husbands , absolutely lovely people and had an enjoyable lunch and afternoon with them .

Many thanks to all who gave advice and suggestions for our hols it was very much appreciated , and to all of you who are hitting off soon you are in for a fantastic time in a very beautiful place ,

regards Deedee

cleethorpes
Level Contributor
11,498 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Back home after an amazing holiday :)

I can now come out of hiding ....great you enjoyed the Olive Garden ( PHEW!!)But those poor sweet lambs giving up their parts for hubbies curry ! Bless ,lol.

Correct it is Marc Craig ,who is an excellent singer ,and a top guy !

Not sure about that Barry Sparkle PR guy though ...only joking Barry ,a thoroughly nice guy .Even lets me run over him !! Points make prizes ,lol

Theres some funny folk from Forum Land !!!...now hiding behind the sofa .

Really great post ....and not a Cocktail mention in sight !!!

Ireland, UK
Level Contributor
2,486 posts
103 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Back home after an amazing holiday :)

Glad to hear you had a great time Deedee .

Tenerife, Spain
Level Contributor
16,889 posts
133 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Back home after an amazing holiday :)

So glad you liked Los Cris as I was a bit worried because you really rated San Eugenio and they are very different. Nice to hear you enjoyed our recommendations and sorry about your bad news.

Oy Oneleg! - apart from Joe who is my favourite PR in Los Cris, Mr Sparkle is my all time favourite - if only more were like him nobody would be able to criticise PR people they do a thankless job.

http://redqueenmusings.wordpress.com

London, UK
Destination Expert
for Playa de las Americas
Level Contributor
770 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Back home after an amazing holiday :)

Welcome back :) xx

http://inkellysworld.wordpress.com

tipperary
Level Contributor
1,207 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Back home after an amazing holiday :)

Thanks guys :) Aguilas we totally fell in love with Los Cristianos and please God we will be back next year all going well . There is so much to do and see there that you need way more than a two week visit :) Hi Kelly have you settled back? The weather was amazing while you were there , on the day you left we went to Siam Park and it was cloudy , Tenerife was sad to see you go :) Mind you we still got a little red through the clouds .

Lol Oneleg I actually forgot to mention cocktails , severe withdrawels going on here in Tipp :) Of course we hit Terraza del Mar a few times for their delicious cocktails , and we also hit Charlottes many times in los Cristianos not far from the Arona Gran as it was near us , had delicious strawberry dacquiris there .

We visited the Chill Out a few times , the food was amazing and delicious . We also hit Showboat 2 one night , lovely setting , great service and good food . We loved that area , Las Vistas beach and San Telmo great buzz and stunning beach .

My husband said, and we all agreed , that Tenerife is the place for us from now on , we have got the bug :)

regards Deedee

scotland
Level Contributor
55 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Back home after an amazing holiday :)

Hi Deedee,

Glad you had a wonderful holiday. Did you enjoy your short stay in Puerto de la Cruz during your holiday and what did you do? We are heading back there for our third visit in November and I am counting the days if not yet the hours!

Regards,

Lizzie

tipperary
Level Contributor
1,207 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Back home after an amazing holiday :)

Hi Fizzylizzy ,

thank you yes we had a wonderful time in Los Cristianos . Unfortunately we did not get to stay in PDLC as the Sunday afternoon the day before we were to go, we got some sad news from home . We were not in the form to travel so we stayed put . Hopefully if all goes well next year we will return to Tenerife and will definitely get to visit PDLC .

regards Deedee

Birmingham, United...
Level Contributor
386 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Back home after an amazing holiday :)

Deedee - sorry to here you had sad news .......... :-(

hope you don't mind me asking - but Terraza del Mare...............

I walked past a couple of times - lunchtimes in April, and recognised it as being recommended on here ...

Is it more a night place - or can you go for a mid-day cocktail ?

tipperary
Level Contributor
1,207 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Back home after an amazing holiday :)

Thanks Beech , we never went to Terraza del Mare during the day so can not help you there , but I have read that they do a great deal at lunchtime.We did eat there at night time and it is a lovely experience . But you really have to try there cocktails they are simply devine !! I never had a cocktail during the day as I am a lightweight where alcohol is concerned :)

I certainly would have no problem going there during the day to have a cocktail or two :) but then I would have to go home to lie down Lol!!

regards Deedee

glasgow
Level Contributor
418 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Back home after an amazing holiday :)

Hi Deedee,

It was lovely to hear what a great time you had, I was going to ask where did you prefer, St Eugenes or Los Cristianos but I think you have already answered that in your review.

Get answers to your questions about Los Cristianos
Recent Conversations