We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Aguamar

Which Los Cristianos hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Scotland
Level Contributor
230 posts
38 reviews
Save Topic
Aguamar

Hi, we are a family of four who are heading to Tenerife for the first time ever in four weeks time. We are staying at the Aguamar on a SC basis. Can anyone tell me if bathroom towels and pool towels are provided? Is there a safety deposit box and if so how much does it cost? Is there a hairdryer, fan, kettle, toaster etc in the apartments and if not how much are they to hire? Where are the best places around to eat and the best supermarket to stock up with everything? Thanks so much for all your help. Lilianne x

up north
Level Contributor
2,056 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Aguamar

this is the website for the aquamar and answers some of your questions.hope this helps.

apartamentosaguamar.com/en/apartments.html

Edited: 3:34 am, June 04, 2010
Tenerife, Spain
Destination Expert
for Tenerife, Los Cristianos
Level Contributor
1,115 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Aguamar

The closest supermarket is Hiperdino in the Apolo Centre, which is only a few minutes walk away. You can reach this easily by following a walkway at the back of the hotel carpark. You will find some good bars and restaurants in the Apolo too. There are plenty of bars and restaurants in the surrounding area, in particular the Mirador strip has a good variety of bars and restaurants catering for different tastes and budgets and is only around a ten minute walk away.

Leeds
Level Contributor
46 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Aguamar

Hi Lilianne

We too are booked in the Aquamar from 31st july.

I believe we mentioned this in a previous posting.

Please can you let me know how you get on and any local bars, restaurants worth visiting.

Hope you enjoy

GWleeds

Scotland
Level Contributor
230 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Aguamar

Hi GWleeds

That will be no problem. I shall post upon our return.

Lilianne x

Scotland
Level Contributor
230 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Aguamar

Hi GWleeds

The Aguamar was lovely. The hotel is really clean and well maintained. It is geared towards families and older couples and has a noise tolerance policy. The only thing was that the lack of air conditioning meant it was really hot at night and made sleeping difficult. Leaving the windows open helps. We had a great time in los cristianos and shall definately return. The area is beautiful and very green and lush compaired to the other canary islands we have visited. The two weeks were over far to quickly and we would definatley return. Have a great time. Lilianne xx

Leeds
Level Contributor
46 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Aguamar

Dear Lilianne

Great to hear you had a good time.

I'd heard about the AC before and was a little concerned about sleeping but not alot we can do about that now.

Did you have any problems with Mosquitoes with the windows open?

Did you get into Las Americas at all?

Thanks for the reply.

GWLeeds

Scotland
Level Contributor
230 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Aguamar

Hi GWLeeds

We never saw any mosquitos but did have a bug plug on all the time, although that is just my preference and not required here I don't think. There were a few cockroaches about the resort but none in the hotel, not that I saw.... thank god or my daughter would have had a fit, lol.

Wre walked along the seaside promenade into las americas a couple of times, its a lovely walk but tiring in the sun. Las americas is huge so wee saw very little of it and seems to spread up the hill for quite a distance.

If there is anything else I can help you with, don't hesitate to contact me. Have a fab time, wish I was coming too.......

8. Re: Aguamar

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, January 21, 2011
Get answers to your questions about Los Cristianos