We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Port/Airport Transfer to Petasos Beach Hotel

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
217 posts
25 reviews
Save Topic
Port/Airport Transfer to Petasos Beach Hotel

Hi,

I will be staying at the Petasos Beach Hotel in early May. The website says that they will provide free transfer to and from port or airport. I have tried contacting them from their website, as well as sent them an email, but have not heard anything back.

Anyone know if they will actually do this? Should I call them instead?

Thanks!

Toronto
Destination Expert
for Mykonos
Level Contributor
7,655 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Port/Airport Transfer to Petasos Beach Hotel

Hi m4rcla: We got the complimentary transfer when we stayed there several years ago; if you booked directly with the hotel, they should provide transfers to you, too. (If you booked through an online booking site, on the other hand, don't expect a free ride.)

At this time of year it's common not to receive prompt replies from hotels in Greece. Since May is still a ways off, give them a few more weeks and try again -- or phone -- if you haven't heard back. They would need to confirm your flight/ferry arrival details in any event to make sure someone is waiting for you at the airport/ferry port.

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
217 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Port/Airport Transfer to Petasos Beach Hotel

Hi donnyb,

Thanks so much for the response!

I did book via an online booking site, so not sure if I'll get the free ride :(

I will try calling maybe closer to the date.

Mykonos Town, Greece
Level Contributor
763 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Port/Airport Transfer to Petasos Beach Hotel

If you have booked though an online booking engine they might not give you a free transfer as they will be charged a commission for the booking that you might.

You might be able to cancel the booking you have made though the booking engine and re-booked with them direct.

That's something you need to check directly with the hotel though. I'm sure they will get back to your Email soon. The owners and management are probably on holidays themselves now.

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
217 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Port/Airport Transfer to Petasos Beach Hotel

I got an email from Petasos. They will arrange for transfer at a fee. I cannot cancel my booking with the online travel agent so I guess I would have to pay for the fee. It's EUR 14 per person round trip.

San Antonio, Texas
12 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Port/Airport Transfer to Petasos Beach Hotel

I emailed to ask if we were eligible for the complimentary shuttle since we booked through a travel agent but not an online booking site. They're charging us the fee. =( I'm sure it's cheaper than the transfers you'd normally pay for through travel agencies/tour operators, though!

While we are not saving on the free shuttle, we are getting a better daily room rate from our travel agent. Plus, I signed up for SLH Club, so hopefully that makes me eligible for a free room upgrade!

Edited: 1:11 pm, August 12, 2011
Mykonos Town, Greece
Level Contributor
763 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Port/Airport Transfer to Petasos Beach Hotel

Most hotels will not provide you with a free transfer if you book through a travel agency as they need to pay a commission to the travel agency and are not getting all the money you are paying for the room. As the travel agencies always want the lowest rate possible they also have rates for things like transfers.

7. Re: Port/Airport Transfer to Petasos Beach Hotel

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 3:18 pm, October 17, 2012
Get answers to your questions about Platys Gialos