We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Please help, what would u do???

Which Playa d'en Bossa hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Dartford
Level Contributor
358 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Please help, what would u do???

Ive booked for me and other half to go to Fiesta don toni , september 2012. This hotel is advertised as a family hotel in First chooice and Thomson book. Have found out that in Germany its sold as 18-30 holiday the reviews are not good. We are a couple 48 and 43. Please give me some advise as i think its gotta be force advertising with first choice. Thanks Sue.

Dartford
Level Contributor
358 posts
1 review
Save Reply
11. Re: Please help, what would u do???

This is why im worried.

“NEVER AGAIN!!!!!!”

Reviewed 8 July 2011 NEW I am soooooooooooooooooooooo glad to see all these other negative reviews, as I was begining to think maybe I was a snob!!!! we went here with our 3 children and 2 other families in may, after being told by FIRST CHOICE that this was def a very good FAMILY hotel...well..... WE had flip flops stolen by thepool, t shirts, someones buggy got stolen, it go so bad that we asked the rep if they had had this happen before, and surprise...they said no never, The germans advertise this for their stag and hen parties, and we were actually told this by a first choice rep, so they are very awareThere behaviour was rude, loud noisy and our children felt very intimidated and very rarely left our side.We did complain to the rep and 1 stag party were removed from the hotel, but only to find that others had arrived!!GREAT!!! A huge scum mark lined the outside of the pool!!! This is most def is NOT a family hotel. We have actually wrote to Thomsons only to be told that other guest behaviour is not thier problem!! Nice to know that us customers mean so much to them. We kept in touch with a few other families who have also written to them, only to be told the same poor excuse, hence we will be writing a to them again, because this is just not acceptable. We also had two rooms and the staff approached us and asked if we would all go into one room if they upgraded our wrist bands as they wanted to let our room out!!! CRAP CRAP CRAP!!!!!

lancashire
Level Contributor
103 posts
1 review
Save Reply
12. Re: Please help, what would u do???

Hi I have just come across this thread and have read the reviews. There seems to be a problem with the fiesta hotel don toni but not the club don toni. Are you staying at the hotel or the club?? To be honest I think if your staying at the hotel it would certainly put me off but wouldn't cancel if you are staying at the club. I have friends staying at the club in a few weeks so fingers crossed. Anyway I am going back to Playa den bossa in 4 weeks, i travelled last year with my 2 children aged 14 and 12 (single mum) to the club bahamas which is only a up the road from you ( first stop off the coach) The hotel is so geared for familes and have guards at night just in case. We didn't have any problems apart from the occasional noise at night but it was ok. The hotel has fab reviews and i'm sure it would suit you better but then again i've never been to the don toni but i'm sure its fine. We had a look in it last year and was full of families but that was the Club hotel so can't say much about the other with bad reviews. I too would be concerned but don't rush into anything just yet. Good luck and Ireally do hope you get things sorted. Ps I wasn't keen on Playa den bossa so didn't venture out alot, however Ibiza town was lovely and well worth a visit. The hotel made up for the negatives of the town itself. Good luck

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
62 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Please help, what would u do???

Eeeek that doesn't sound to promising. I guess in high season your gonna get groups bookings It can't be helped, I can't imagine that it's gonna over run. Ive been in but havbt stayed and it didn't look nasty there was an area outside for live shows and things. If your still really worrying about it then talk to your travel agent about changing hotel? Keep in mind that you'll have to pay admin fees and and aditional cost to the holiday if there are any.

Katyx

Dartford
Level Contributor
358 posts
1 review
Save Reply
14. Re: Please help, what would u do???

Have just spoke to lovely lady from First choice, they have agreed to change my holiday. All i have to pay is 35 pound each admin fee.

Sue

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
62 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: Please help, what would u do???

Good stuff. It's not Seth risking I your still worried, hope you enjoy your new holiday.

Katy x

lancashire
Level Contributor
103 posts
1 review
Save Reply
16. Re: Please help, what would u do???

Thats good news. Where have you changed it to?

Dartford
Level Contributor
358 posts
1 review
Save Reply
17. Re: Please help, what would u do???

Havent got a clue yet, im going to do it friday. Any suggestions.

Sue

lancashire
Level Contributor
103 posts
1 review
Save Reply
18. Re: Please help, what would u do???

Do you still want Ibiza? I know if i was travelling without children I would go to a greek Island but thats my opinion. If you do want Ibiza then there are some lovely places. Es Cana, Santa eulalia to name a few for a couple X

Dartford
Level Contributor
358 posts
1 review
Save Reply
19. Re: Please help, what would u do???

Have looked at es cana, that looks nice. Will let u know.

Sue

20. Re: Please help, what would u do???

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 8:18 am, October 05, 2012
Get answers to your questions about Playa d'en Bossa