We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Please help, what would u do???

Which Playa d'en Bossa hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Dartford
Level Contributor
358 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Please help, what would u do???

Ive booked for me and other half to go to Fiesta don toni , september 2012. This hotel is advertised as a family hotel in First chooice and Thomson book. Have found out that in Germany its sold as 18-30 holiday the reviews are not good. We are a couple 48 and 43. Please give me some advise as i think its gotta be force advertising with first choice. Thanks Sue.

Ireland
Level Contributor
5,248 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Please help, what would u do???

There are two Fiesta Don Toni's and that may be where the mix up is. The Don Toni CLUB is the family one and the Don Toni is the 18-30 hotel overlooking Ushuaia and Space Nightclub.

Danny

http://www.dannykayibiza.blogspot.com/

Dartford
Level Contributor
358 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Please help, what would u do???

Think the reviews are totally mixed.

Thankyou sooo much.

Sue xx

ibiza
Destination Expert
for Ibiza, Sant Antoni de Portmany
Level Contributor
3,299 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Please help, what would u do???

the don toni and club don toni are merely two different blocks of accommodation on the same complex sharing the same bars and entertainment which is all very family oriented.

mm

Dartford
Level Contributor
358 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Please help, what would u do???

To MM

Please read reviews on trip advisor, some people are really angry.

Sue

Upminster
Level Contributor
266 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Please help, what would u do???

I have booked the Fiesta Don Toni Resort through First Choice does anyone know how they allocate you between the club and the hotel?

I think the club bit sounds fine just don’t want to be put in the hotel.

ibiza
Destination Expert
for Ibiza, Sant Antoni de Portmany
Level Contributor
3,299 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Please help, what would u do???

i've just read the reviews which indicate that what i wrote is true, hotels on a complex aimed at families by nature of the entertainment programmes and kids clubs provided.

mm

Ireland
Level Contributor
5,248 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Please help, what would u do???

IMO Playa Den Bossa is not a suitable resort for families during the clubbing season. I know there will be people that will disagree with me on this point but it would be the last resort in Ibiza that I would bring my family to.

San Antonio Bay is a much better family option as is Es Cana and Santa Eularia. Puerto San Miguel, Calla Llonga and Portinax would be in my book ahead of Playa Den Bossa as a family resort.

Each person has their favorite resort for individual reasons and im sure many families are happy to visit Playa Den Bossa. The Club Bahamas hotel there is one of the better family hotels on the Island as is the Palladium Palace, plus the Aquapark is located in Bossa.

Danny

http://www.dannykayibiza.blogspot.com/

Exeter
Level Contributor
9 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Please help, what would u do???

It isn't true to say that the Don Toni Hotel is an 18-30 hotel, there are many families that use it and return year after year.

You will get agents, particularly in Germany and Mainland Spain, that will book groups of young people into most of the hotels in Den Bossa....but that doen't make the hotels 18-30 venues.

I will add however that as I said in my review for the Don Toni, Den Bossa isn't the quietest of resorts and there are far better resorts on the island for those that are seeking peace and quiet.

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
62 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Please help, what would u do???

I've worked for first choice and it's sold as a family hotel. Its one of the most popular family hotels we sold in that area. It's at the end of the resort so it should be too roudy and it's generally more expensive than most young groups want to pay. I've never had any complaints from people that have stayed there I wouldn't worry if I were you but I know it's hard not to when you start reading all the reviews and things.

Hope you have a nice time :) x

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
62 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Please help, what would u do???

I've worked for first choice and thomson it's sold as a family hotel, with a superfamily kids club... Or at least it was when I was there. Its one of the most popular family hotels we sold in that area. It's at the end of the resort so it should be too roudy and it's generally more expensive than most young groups want to pay. I've never had any complaints from people that have stayed there I wouldn't worry if I were you but I know it's hard not to when you start reading all the reviews and things.

Hope you have a nice time :) x