We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Lanzarote at Christmas

essex
Level Contributor
33 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Lanzarote at Christmas

We are going to lanzarote for Xmas & new year,does any one know what temp to expect ,do we need suntan lotion? And do they celebrate in the a/I hotels ,any advice would be useful .

Liverpool, United...
Level Contributor
5,121 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Lanzarote at Christmas

Hi

Weather will usually be warm ocassionally cloudy.....around 20C-23 C of a day dropping to 15C-18C of a night.....yes you will need suncream.as you will burn here even when cloudy due to the islands location.....as to Xmas the Spanish do not really celebrate it......their christmas is Los Tres Reyes (3 Kings)which is celebrated on the night of the 5th Jan and the day of the 6th Jan........Christmas day here is just another working day...everything will be open and trading as usual.....the hotels may make some concession such as a Xmas dinner but that will be it.

wigan
Level Contributor
400 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Lanzarote at Christmas

We went last Christmas and the temp during the day was mid twenties. Most of the bars and restaurants had Christmas decorations up and some had Christmas trees up as well . Those that do Christmas dinner normally advertise this outside on a blackboard but if the place you are thinking of going to does not advertise anything just ask. As for the hotels I have not stayed in any but if you email a particular hotel I presume they would let you know what they have planned.

essex
Level Contributor
33 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Lanzarote at Christmas

Thank you .

Devon, England
Level Contributor
121 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Lanzarote at Christmas

We are going for Christmas too !! cant wait !!!!

Essex, United...
Level Contributor
137 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Lanzarote at Christmas

I can't wait to go back to UK fir Christmas lol

Just not the atmosphere here, and as someone else said its just another working day

essex
Level Contributor
33 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Lanzarote at Christmas

We might bump into each other ,

essex
Level Contributor
33 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Lanzarote at Christmas

Hi Morgan ,I can see that you too are in the teguise area we are going to the blue bay A/I ,do you know it if so is it nice any advise on a good British,pub lol ...

Devon, England
Level Contributor
121 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Lanzarote at Christmas

We are going to Blue Bay too !! We have been to Costa Teguise quite a few times and there are loads of great pubs and eateries !!! Will see you there !! We fly out on the 12th December for 2 weeks !! YEAH cant wait.

Essex, United...
Level Contributor
137 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Lanzarote at Christmas

Hi Nessa,

Just seen you come from Essex, so do !!!!

Bluebay is over the road to where I live, lots of bars around and lots of choice for restaurants.

The Cavern has nightly entertainment and does good home made pub grub, but lots to choose from.

Essex, United...
Level Contributor
137 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Lanzarote at Christmas

Hi Nessa,

Just seen you come from Essex, so do !!!!

Bluebay is over the road to where I live, lots of bars around and lots of choice for restaurants.

The Cavern has nightly entertainment and does good home made pub grub, but lots to choose from.

Get answers to your questions about Costa Teguise