We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Changing into Euro's

Which Costa Teguise hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Glasgow, United...
Level Contributor
26 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Changing into Euro's

Hi We are going for One week in May, My question is are we better changing all our money in Britain or changing some in Lanzarote?

england
Level Contributor
1,066 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Changing into Euro's

hi,

from 20 years of experience,i have always found it better to change money in lanz,you get about 2 cents more to the pound,so on a hundred pounds thats an extra 2 euros.

2. Re: Changing into Euro's

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may repost if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 9:39 am, April 21, 2013
Edited: 9:39 am, April 21, 2013
Lancashire, United...
Destination Expert
for Playa Blanca
Level Contributor
33,185 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Changing into Euro's

Just look through old posts.

Antigua, Spain
Level Contributor
4,643 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Changing into Euro's

Hi

To delete posts.......1st Log in

2nd Click on ´´Report inappropriate content´´ at the foot of your post

3rd Click on ´´Delete my post´´ under the options that are available

Job done :-)

LEEDS WEST YORKS
Level Contributor
737 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Changing into Euro's

We changed our money in Costa Teguise and got a good exchange rate,just be carefull when looking for the rate displayed outside the Indian shops the rate they are sometimes quoting the exchange rate for Travellers cheques,which no -one uses now

Tessy x

Cheshire
Level Contributor
56 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Changing into Euro's

Thanks lanza local hope it's done now.

Mags

Leeds
Level Contributor
676 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Changing into Euro's

Please also be careful when using the Asian shops as even though it often states 'No commission' they will often try to give you a few euro's less. They tried it with me last time, I got my money but it was embarrassing having to ask for the correct change.

Glasgow, United...
Level Contributor
26 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Changing into Euro's

Thats great, thanks to those who replied with useful info. I will change a few bob over here and leave the majority to Lanzarote :)

Thanks for the heads up as with short changing although i am used to watching for this as its a big problem in Turkey and this is where I usually go so I do always check my change :)

Can't wait 4 weeks Woo Hoo :)

Leeds, United...
Level Contributor
346 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Changing into Euro's

always find it better to use my travel card.have one with mytravel.free to use good rate and know were I am with exchange and what I am spending

Dundee
Level Contributor
38 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Changing into Euro's

I usually just use the cash machines anywhere in Europe and although I am charged I get a good exchange rate. Hopefully there are plenty of Cash Machines in Lanzarote