We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

sands beach private renting

Which Costa Teguise hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
babyface08
Level Contributor
21 posts
Save Topic
sands beach private renting

reading a lot of negative things about renting here privatley, l emailed the hotel to ask about linen hire, and they responded by saying it is illegal to rent private and will give me no info. l go in jan for a month can anyone advise me please. dont know wether to cancel or not

Lanzarote, Spain
Level Contributor
6,534 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: sands beach private renting

Who did you book with then?

Keith

Edinburgh, United...
Destination Expert
for Costa Teguise
Level Contributor
6,529 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: sands beach private renting

Owners direct do private rentals, dont listen to Sands beach staff, they can be quite intimidating, loads of people rent off the owners, speak to the person you are renting from, they should have a contact/e-mail for you

Level Contributor
490 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: sands beach private renting

I did a private rental at Sands Beach a couple of years ago and was delighted with both the apartment, the owner and the local contact we were provided with. Take no notice of the correspondance they are probably just a bit miffed you didnt book directly with them!

babyface08
Level Contributor
21 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: sands beach private renting

owners direct,

babyface08
Level Contributor
21 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: sands beach private renting

did you have all the linen and towels you needed?

babyface08
Level Contributor
21 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: sands beach private renting

l am so glad you replied to me as l have read so much input on here from you any advise you have would be appreciated. can you tell me about the weather for jan we arrive on the 1st

babyface08
Level Contributor
21 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: sands beach private renting

thankyou so much, will get in touch with owner

London, United...
Level Contributor
505 posts
243 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: sands beach private renting

I'm also looking into renting direct with owner at the Sands Beach Resort. Wanted to know about the pool towel situation as travelling hand luggage only.

The resort replied to my email on the same lines are yours, babyface. They then proceeded to mention about insurance, we won't be able to participate in activities, bars onsite and we can't rent pool towels off them. Is this true, does anyone know?

In two minds whether to go with Owners direct or not. We save £5 if we booked via Hotels4U against Owners Direct. But I can imagine Hotels4U will allocate any apartment which might be shabby vs Owners Direct look after their apartments better.

Decisions decisions!

babyface08
Level Contributor
21 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: sands beach private renting

omg didnt know we wouldnt be able to use facilities. what are you doing about it. you will have to buy a few towels from the market. was it the hotel that has told you you cant use anything??

Lancashire, United...
Destination Expert
for Playa Blanca
Level Contributor
32,846 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: sands beach private renting

Hotels4U don't allocate accommodation, Sands Beach do, so unless you book a specific apartment/villa privately, it shouldn't make a difference. Owners Direct is only an advertising site, so if you book through them the standard of accommodation you get will depend on the owner.