We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Naturist Beaches

Which Playa de Jandia hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Portsmouth England
Level Contributor
70 posts
83 reviews
Save Topic
Naturist Beaches

Hi, this is our first visit to Jandia, we will be there in a couple of weeks and as a regular naturist couple we would like to know if there are naturist beaches close to where we are staying.

Our base is the Barcelo Jandia Playa.

Any information and the best beaches to go to would really be appreciated.

Many thanks in advance

Wigan, United...
Level Contributor
3,198 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Naturist Beaches

When I walked along the beach into Jandia it seemed that the whole beach was naturist. Basically I suggest you follow the golden rule, look around and do what the others are doing. I cannot see anyone being offended and if everyone is clothed then move further along the beach.

Twyning, United...
Level Contributor
481 posts
88 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Naturist Beaches

dont worry as most beaches on the island are mixed. Even at El Cotillo, where there is a small beach with children at one end, the other end is full of naturists. Jandia and Corralejo beach are the main naturist areas. There is a kite festival in November which drew lots of crowds, and everyone was mixed in together even at the normally "clothed" beach. No one minded.

Portsmouth England
Level Contributor
70 posts
83 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Naturist Beaches

Thanks for the info, it is so much better to know these things before you arrive

Telford, United...
Level Contributor
20 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Naturist Beaches

You'll find naturists all the way along the coast from Costa Calma down to Jandia. It's possible to walk naked for up to 3 hours. It's wonderful! I'm in Esqinzo now. My favourite day is to get a bus along the coast and then walk back. Main services that Tiadhe run that I use are the No:5 to Costa Calma or the No:1 to Puerto del Rosario (see Tiadhe's website for timetables). My favourite jumping off point is the stop in the Barranco Los Canarios, as it's only a short walk down to the beach from there. At high tide, you may get your feet wet in a few places, but if the tide if very high, there's generally a foot path over the headland.

Wales
Level Contributor
293 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Naturist Beaches

All the above comments are valid. Beaches on the Jandia Peninsula both Sotavento and Barlavento are clothing optional. I would advise hiring a car which will enable you to get to fantastic beaches like those at Mal Nombre, El Salmo and Risco del Paso.

Aylesbury
Level Contributor
51 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Naturist Beaches

There are pockets of naturist sunbathers on Jandia beach, but it would be an exaggeration to say it was all naturist. You'll need to be brave, but don't worry, no one bats an eyelid.

Portsmouth England
Level Contributor
70 posts
83 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Naturist Beaches

We are back and had a wonderfull holiday. The weather was lovely, the hotel was fine, and we got an all over tan thanks to the advice on the forum. We found that naturist and clothing worked hand in hand on the beaches that we visited. We are sure to go back again..........Thankyou everyone

Salisbury, United...
Level Contributor
67 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Naturist Beaches

Interested in your query as we too are going to jandia soon . Did you find there were naturists

on the main beach across the road from the hotel ? Thank you

Portsmouth England
Level Contributor
70 posts
83 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Naturist Beaches

Hi, we found that there were a lot of naturists on the beach, but they tended to collect in small areas. We found an ideal spot just to the right of the lighthouse as you look out to sea. We also used the beach directly in front of the Barcello, there were not so many people nude, but the beach is so big it didnt really matter and we just made sure we were in a quiet area.. Hope you have a great hol........

Nuneaton, United...
Level Contributor
690 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Naturist Beaches

What ever floats your boat , you will have a great time in Fuerteventura :-)

Regards

Dave & Chele .

www.flickr.com/groups/dave__michele_holidays/

Get answers to your questions about Playa de Jandia
More Playa de Jandia Topics