We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Atlantica Portobello Royal Hotel - Dress code for dinner

Level Contributor
1 post
10 reviews
Save Topic
Atlantica Portobello Royal Hotel - Dress code for dinner

Partner and I will be staying here at the end of the month and I notice there appears to be a strict dress code for the men in respect of long trousers being worn in the evening for dinner. I have stayed at hotels in the past who have made similar requests to guests yet people still turn up in shorts for dinner (granted, not football/sports shorts more smart/casual ones that can be worn with a shirt and loafers/deck shoes which is what I would plan to wear).

Could someone tell me whether the Portobello allows smart shorts to dinner or whether trousers are a strict requirement please?

Kos
Level Contributor
2,059 posts
256 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Atlantica Portobello Royal Hotel - Dress code for dinner

As long as you are dressed smartly you will be allowed in to eat...they say long trousers because they do not want men rocking up in football shorts etc..but as long as you look smart you will be ok.....if worried put one pair of long pants in ..just in case

Swindon, United...
1 post
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Atlantica Portobello Royal Hotel - Dress code for dinner

My husband has 3/4 trousers and told to change. They ARE strict. its long trousers for men at dinner. breakfast and lunch is ok for shorts. women wear what they like it seemed.

3. Re: Atlantica Portobello Royal Hotel - Dress code for dinner

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:20 am, September 11, 2014
Get answers to your questions about Kardamena
Recent Conversations