We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Daytrip to Bodrum in october

Which Kardamena hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Antwerp, Belgium
Level Contributor
1,097 posts
155 reviews
Save Topic
Daytrip to Bodrum in october

Can we do a daytrip to Bodrum in october??

Can anyone give us information about:

-price (do we need a visa for a daytrip?)

-times leaving and arriving from Kos harbour (we will have a rental car)

-do they go daily?

It seems all the information I can find on the web is daytrips to Kos from Bodrum but not vise versa...

Bruges
Level Contributor
85 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Daytrip to Bodrum in october

Don't look for the price but take a good company. I was horrified about what happened with the Eva. The captain dead and many people in hospital.

I hope they will search if the captain was drunk or not otherwise you don't do such things...

Antwerp, Belgium
Level Contributor
1,097 posts
155 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Daytrip to Bodrum in october

We were thinking about booking the Maria Star for the 16th but we can't find any website where to book from. I found a website where it says it leaves every tuesday at 9:15am. Is this correct and where can we book? Or can we just turn up at the harbour of Kos Town around 8:30 and book ik there??

Bruges
Level Contributor
85 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Daytrip to Bodrum in october

If i were you i would book when i am there and not in advance.But i would book a couple of days before and not showing up on the 16th because then you aren't sure if there is still place for you.

When you walk in the evening along the promenade all the people from the boatservices are present and give flyers or show there boat and then you can book if you want.

I would do this way, we were in Kos for 2 times and we see many people who have a look at the boats (also inside!) accompanied with the people of the boat of course.

London, United...
Level Contributor
1,768 posts
135 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Daytrip to Bodrum in october

The Greeks don't seem big on internet / bookingin advance, just turn up in Kos town and the boats on the front, wander over buy your tickets, then wander along to the customs / immigration area, then the boat comes over and collects you.

It wreally is a veryeasy method and appears to work well, even when we went from Kos to Rhodes on the ferry we went to Kos town and just boarded, we tried booking in advance in Kardamena and they simply advised us to go to the port.

Antwerp, Belgium
Level Contributor
1,097 posts
155 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: Daytrip to Bodrum in october

We are home again now and didn't go to Bodrum in the end.

The day we wanted to go the weather forecast predicted 35°C for Bodrum (this was last week and also Kos was very warm that day) and we thought this was too warm to run around all day.

Thanks for the info though as we will most propably return to Kos next year (for a 3rd time).

London, United...
Level Contributor
1,768 posts
135 reviews
Save Reply
16. Re: Daytrip to Bodrum in october

If Kos is warm then Bodrum tends to be even hotter in Bodrum and no breeze, so probably a wise choice.

17. Re: Daytrip to Bodrum in october

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 3:17 am, December 15, 2013
Get answers to your questions about Kardamena
Recent Conversations