We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Too young?

Which Kardamena hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Southend-on-Sea...
Level Contributor
24 posts
33 reviews
Save Topic
Too young?

Hi I'm going to kardamena in September and I'm literally staying minutes away from bar street which I don't mind because I like a drink and a boogie! But I'm just worried its going to be full of 18-30s, being in my early thirties I'm worried that I'm going to feel past it! Can anyone tell me if this will be the case or is it a complete mix?

Xx

Devizes, United...
Level Contributor
40,216 posts
340 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Too young?

Hi there

Kardamena attracts all age groups, not just the younger scene so I'm sure you won't find yourself in a minority. If you don't want the club scene, it's easy enough to avoid, there are more laid back areas in the resort.

Kos
Level Contributor
1,977 posts
235 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Too young?

Hi,

Bar Street is for the youngster, but just take yourself into the main Square, or along the habour front where you will find loads of laid back bars, and lovely restuarants....also most of the youngster leave by the end of august...so you will have no problem at all....

London, United...
Level Contributor
1,812 posts
143 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Too young?

The youngters & bar street is really exagerated in Kardamena, the reality is the younger crowd tend to visit June. So September is not their target month.

Apart from that, wherever you live there will be bars that attrcat younger drinkers and others that don't Bar street is a pretty small area of Kardamena and you will notimay see some walk pasce there will be some younger people there but youngeters today tend to "Preload" in their apartments, and then come out later.

We have been to Kardamena numerous times and yes younger people are there, but nowhere near on the scale of Nappa or Laganas,and the ones in Kardamena seem to appear around 11./ 11.30 and then vanish by 12.30 into the soundproofed clubs.

If you drank in the square you may see some walk past later at night, or if you are down the bars and restaurants along the front you would rarely know they existed.

Kardamena has the bars, but it is not aimed at the youngsters alone it is very mixed.

4. Re: Too young?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 6:17 am, August 21, 2013