We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

boat trip to nisyros

Which Kardamena hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Rhyl, United Kingdom
Level Contributor
20 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
boat trip to nisyros

Hi

Can somebody tell me what days a boat trip goes to Nisyros from harbour and how much does it cost.

Thanks

London, United...
Level Contributor
1,707 posts
129 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: boat trip to nisyros

The boats seemed to do the trip most days, but you only have to walk to the harbour and ask the captains.

We did the Trip to Nisyros and it was good, the travel agent in the square quoted 16 return per person and 30 return for the car, giving a total of 94.

We walked to the port and asked a boat captain, he wrote the same figures on a piece of paper, arrived at the same total and then without me even asking he crossed the total out and wrote 80 So a saving of 14 Euros for walking 200 yards.

The trip was well worht it and worked fine, they drove the car on and off the boat as there was only space for 2 cars.

London, United...
Level Contributor
1,707 posts
129 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: boat trip to nisyros

Remember there is an 8 Euro charge for a coach from the port to the Volcano, and a 2 EUro charge at the volcano, I'm not sure if the 2 Euro charge is included if you get the coach as we drove the hire car to the volcano and were thus charged 2 euros per person entry.

I do suggest taking a car over as you can then also visit the hillside villages etc.

Kos
Level Contributor
1,955 posts
235 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: boat trip to nisyros

The 8 euros bus ride includes the charge to the volcano. You can rent a car on Nisyros for 40 euros....for the day...or you can hire scooters...oh ferry boat is 16 euros return....well worth the visit...

London, United...
Level Contributor
1,707 posts
129 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: boat trip to nisyros

Yes we noticed the Scooters, they were 7 Euros

5. Re: boat trip to nisyros

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:17 am, July 17, 2013
Get answers to your questions about Kardamena
Recent Conversations