We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

spending money for a young couple both 22 for a week?

Which Kardamena hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Cleethorpes...
3 posts
Save Topic
spending money for a young couple both 22 for a week?

hey me and my girlfriend are looking to go to Kardamena on a late deal at the end of the month and wondering how much money we will need to take for a week? ..we are looking at a bed and breakfast hotel so that covers one meal the rest we will spend on drinks in the day and a nice meal in the evening before going to the bars. If anyone can advise me or help i would be very grateful =) thanks

Devizes, United...
Level Contributor
40,216 posts
340 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: spending money for a young couple both 22 for a week?

Hi there

I guess it also depends upon how much you intend drinking each night. An evening meal in a decent place will cost you €12-15 per person for two courses, wine or beer and a coffee. A large beer in a bar anything from €2,50 to €3,50, so shop around for happy hours, promos and BOGOFs. Spirits are about the same prices as here, except that in most cases, they just slug it in straight from the bottle so measures are much larger.

Snack meals like souvlaki, gyros and the like are anything from €2-4 but will really fill you up and they're delicious.

Do you want to take any trips? If so, expect to pay from €10 each up, according to where you go. Boat trips to other islands are available, all day with a barby lunch thrown in costs around €25-30 each.

The missus and I work on €100 per day for everything, most days we spend less, but you will possibly spend more in the first couple of days when you stock your fridge up with beer and stuff.

London, United...
Level Contributor
1,689 posts
129 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: spending money for a young couple both 22 for a week?

An evening meal (Two courses) with drinks and a coffee at a decent place is nore likely to cost you 20 + Euros.

I have the receipts on my card, and 4 persons last week as follows

Pelagos 78

Captains 76

Avli 93

Alexander 82

Scala 87

And not all were drinking coffee and on some instances not all had starters/

Devizes, United...
Level Contributor
40,216 posts
340 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: spending money for a young couple both 22 for a week?

Pull those nits out, it totally depends where you go, and what you eat doesn't it? if the OP just wants a simple meal, maybe a moussaka, or a souvlaki main dish, he'll easily get a decent meal for €15 or less.

London, United...
Level Contributor
1,689 posts
129 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: spending money for a young couple both 22 for a week?

Mr_JT17 asked for a price in a decent restaurant, the restaurants and prices I listed above probably represent a cross section of the decent restaurants in Kardamena, getting a decent meal with wine and coffee in them for 15 euros a head is not realistic, simply do the numbers,

Starter 4, drinks x 2 6, Main 7, Coffee 2 gives you 19 for it to be 15 or less you would be looking at 2 or 3 euros for a main dish

The reality is more like Starter 6, drinks 6 Main 9 coffee 2 = 23

But as you say it depends where you eat, ther'es always "Tasty corner" or Snack attacke where you can get a kebab and a can of pop for around 6 euros :)

Devizes, United...
Level Contributor
40,216 posts
340 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: spending money for a young couple both 22 for a week?

You can easily find a simpler meal in a "decent" restaurant for €15 per person, I was there , on Kos, last year and those were the prices I paid. So far from being "unrealistic", I am quoting the OP what I found to be the case. Shame I didn't keep all the receipts like you seem to love doing.

Large plate of kalimari for two, €6, two main courses, €15-16, litre of barrel wine, €8, coffee or dessert often free at the end. So you do the numbers.

London, United...
Level Contributor
1,689 posts
129 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: spending money for a young couple both 22 for a week?

The prices I quoted were from Kardamena this year, and no need to keep receipts as they have appeared on the credit card bill.

All of the restaurants listed above in Kardamena charge for coffee & Sweets, but as you say it all depends where you eat. There are always cheaper places around.

But in Kardamena those are the main "decent" restaurants and those are the prices this month this year.

Cleethorpes...
3 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: spending money for a young couple both 22 for a week?

Thanks for the heads up a main meal each nd a bottle of wine between us would be enough for us I dnt tend eat big on holiday I normally snack throughout the day but it is her birthday wen we are away so I want a really nice restaurant to take her! ..£100 euro a day is in the region I was thinking but am taking extra money to stock the fridge up for the week so we have our booze for the day times on the beach nd by the pool... From ur replies I have got the jist of what prices are like thanks for your help!!

Cleethorpes...
3 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: spending money for a young couple both 22 for a week?

Thanks for the heads up a main meal each nd a bottle of wine between us would be enough for us I dnt tend eat big on holiday I normally snack throughout the day but it is her birthday wen we are away so I want a really nice restaurant to take her! ..£100 euro a day is in the region I was thinking but am taking extra money to stock the fridge up for the week so we have our booze for the day times on the beach nd by the pool... From ur replies I have got the jist of what prices are like thanks for your help!!

Sale, United Kingdom
Destination Expert
for Crete
Level Contributor
10,448 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: spending money for a young couple both 22 for a week?

<<so we have our booze for the day times on the beach nd by the pool>>

Almost all hotels will take a very dim view of you drinking your own stuff by the pool (possibly excepting water). To keep things sweet, drink on your balcony.

Sale, United Kingdom
Destination Expert
for Crete
Level Contributor
10,448 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: spending money for a young couple both 22 for a week?

sorry, should have added, 'if they have a pool bar which is open.'

If they don't have one or it's closed, then feel free...

Get answers to your questions about Kardamena
Recent Conversations