We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Kardamena

London, United...
Level Contributor
277 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Kardamena

How would you explain the resort of Kardamena?

Many thanks

Tenterden, United...
Level Contributor
2,436 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Kardamena

www.kardamena-kos.com

Kardamena, Greece
Level Contributor
58 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Kardamena

kardamena is like a once lovely lady, now past her best. in the evening with full makeup she looks great. but in the cold light of day is revealed as she really is. a faded relic of the past.

Kos
Level Contributor
2,063 posts
265 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Kardamena

oh no sounds like you could be describing me, I came to Kardamena in 1981 and am still here....However, I think Kardamena is now improving again,

the 18-30's and Twenties crowd, although they have not left, they are once again in the minority....unfortunately due to the great popularity of the All Inclusive Resorts, (for the life of me I cant understand that in Greece), Kardamena is rather quiet, but due to my age, this is not a bad thing...

the restaurants are fabulous, and great value for money, as are the bars along the front, where you can chill out with a cocktail and watch the moon rise over the horizon.

Most of the bars and restaurants that are now open in Kardamena are run by the local people as a lot of other Greeks who came to get rich, have had to leave, due to having to pay rents on businesses and homes, but the locals cannot leave, and they look after the tourists very well...so dont give up on us.....

bgd
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Kardamena

If anyone can tell me where to find free WiFi hotspot in Kardamena?

Many thanks

Leeds, United...
Level Contributor
17 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Kardamena

i went to kardamena 2 years ago and am going back nxt week..something for everyone, u will love it..........happy holidays......xxxxxxxxxx

scotland
Level Contributor
159 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Kardamena

i have been to kardamena twice and plan to go back in the near future,yes its true there is not a lot happening through the day in kardamena but is this not true of nearly all beach holiday resorts in greece,at night the resort does come to life and the choice of restaurants and bars is fantastic,i believe there is something for everyone in kardamena,iv been on holiday to resorts all over greece,spain,portugal,cyprus and i really do rate kardamena as one of the best,but this is just my opinion of course!!!

Oxford, United...
3 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Kardamena

go to velvet its a coffee bar on the harbour its where the greeks go

8. Re: Kardamena

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 6:35 pm, August 28, 2011
Level Contributor
37 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: Kardamena

Does Andreas still own Buddies Bar ??? Cheers

Kos
Level Contributor
2,063 posts
265 reviews
Save Reply