We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bar in Kardamena

Level Contributor
3 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Bar in Kardamena

Need information on a bar my grandma and Grandad used to visit when holidaying here. Unfortunately my Grandad has passed now but according to grandma it was his favourite. She said it was called George's bar. The owners were/are Zach and Poppy. Will be coming here in August and my brother is due to visit next week. Thanks in advance

6 replies to this topic
Pontefract, United...
Destination Expert
for Kos
Level Contributor
1,215 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Bar in Kardamena

It’s on the front but it did not look open when we passed last year but I do know the owners son George worked at krismari hotel at pool bar if it’s the same one

United Kingdom
Level Contributor
2,921 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Bar in Kardamena

George’s ?? A common name in Greece. Might be The Castle Kareoke Bar. George is the owner. If you’ve got google earth , locate Med Sun restaurant. Follow that street towards sea. Galleon Bar is pinpointed Castle Bar is on one corner of preceding cross road.

Edited: 11:08 am, June 03, 2018
London, United...
Level Contributor
2,841 posts
225 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Bar in Kardamena

So many Georges, could be George who used to work at the Cleopatra & 1960 bar who now works at the Garden bar, or George who works at Origin.

Level Contributor
3 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Bar in Kardamena

Will ask this week. Thanks for your replys. Her sister has just arrived back and she said it's still open. Maybe she can point me in the right direction.

Kos
Level Contributor
2,129 posts
263 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Bar in Kardamena

George was zach’s Father and Poppy is my husbands cousin. It is just off the Main Street on the road leading up to the church. They seem to work with repeat guests and sometimes closed in August. If you come to Katerina Rent a Car we will point you in the right direction and let you know if they are open

Edited: 4:06 pm, June 04, 2018
Level Contributor
3 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Bar in Kardamena

Thanks so much. My grandma has many fond memories there and has a few pictures of Zach. Will be sure to visit when we're over

Reply to: Bar in Kardamena
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Kardamena
Recent Conversations