We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bars and entertainment

Blackburn, United...
5 posts
Save Topic
Bars and entertainment

Hi all I haven't been to kardemena in over 15 years so a lot will have changed I was hoping for some help and advice on bars and entertainment at night me and my better half are staying in the Cleopatra classic (is it a nice hotel) we are both in our early 30s and enjoy a night out but not after full on clubbing so any advice or help would be appreciated thanks all 👍👍

Leeds, United...
Level Contributor
405 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Bars and entertainment

Hi eddiebett welcome to the forum yes kardamena has changed in the last 15 years since you were last there it's no longer the party place it once was and now is more a relaxed atmosphere in the centre with good food and chilled bars and of course great people has for entertainment this is one thing the island has always been low on you will find the odd bar doing a quiz ECT but that's about it I remember a good 10 years ago when there was the likes of twojohnnies bar which was great for live acts comedy ECT and all you can eat/drink buffet further down most of that end of the village has closed down. You have chosen a good place to stay the Cleopatra hotels all seem to have good return customers every year. There are still some clubs if you do fancy it after the bars.There are some good beaches if you like to lounge about or a few watermarks you might want to visit for a fun day we go every year at the age of 34 😎

United Kingdom
Level Contributor
2,921 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Bars and entertainment

Ah. The Two Johnnies. It's still there but closed a few years now. Remember seeing a Ali. G tribute there.

As said the party scene has moved on. A lot of small shops have closed and remain so. Others have changed

what they sell. It's still lively but a lot is centred around the square, Stone Rose and 1960 Bars.

Myself and the wife enjoy Pavlos early evening. Then on to The Galleon Bar till the early hours. Both of these near the Cleopatra.

London, United...
Level Contributor
2,847 posts
225 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Bars and entertainment

If you are staying in the Cleopatra hotels remember that you get a discount in the 1960 bar in the centre square.

The 1960 bar is a good place to drink and people watch and has large TVs and plays music so can be quite lively, this is in the centre square and there are other bars around this area, you can wande off along what used to be bar street and you will find most of those bars are now shops, Crossroads is still there but now at the end as opposed to the middle if that makes sense.

There are also other bars at the other end of the village Galleon etc and up by the Meditetanian sun restaurant.

Treasure Island sometimes has live music, and also they have a live duo at the Cleopatra Superior every so often (This will be advertised at yoru hotel reception)

There are clubs and more bars around, but it's a question really of wandering round and getting the feel for the bars that suit you, I would suggest you keep an eye out for posters for live music at Treasure Island and attend if possible, Tourists often say they want live music, so it's important that when Venues put it on they are supported and encouraged.

During th edaytime a good place for a beer is Banana bar on thevbeach.

Leeds, United...
Level Contributor
405 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Bars and entertainment

Malagabob yea your right we also saw ALI G there same guy did Elvis ECT he was a good act the place was always packed out shame it's closed

Blackburn, United...
5 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Bars and entertainment

Thank you all for the help that sounds good to me I remember it used to be pretty lively but how your describing it now sounds perfect tbh I remember how friendly everyone was in the village so had to go back I have heard the 1960 bar and the stone roses pop up a few times so will defo try them can u recommend any nice food places also

London, United...
Level Contributor
2,847 posts
225 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Bars and entertainment

There are so many good food places, these have replaced a lot of the bars, so many to mention, check the Restaurants section on here, a few of my faves are, Avli, Pelagos, Yianis, Alexanders, TaDelph, Posodeon to name just a few, Meditaranian Sun is very good value and good food if you are working on a budget (Personally I feel it lacks atmosphere) but you can see it from your hotel, and Pavlos bar is next door to the restaurant.

United Kingdom
Level Contributor
2,921 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Bars and entertainment

Romanos restaurant enter from the quay side or street side. No frills good food. Med Sun restaurant large portions for between 5 or 6 euros.

glasgow
Level Contributor
700 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Bars and entertainment

We are just back yesterday from another great stay in the superior. Manos puts either a BBQ night on once a week or live music with mp2. Hekd at the suoerior but all guests are welcome who r staing in the cleopatra hotels. The BBQ greek night is €8 pp and and really worth it. And the live music is free to all guests. Am sure yous will have an amazing time. We booked for another stay this year for the 18th july.

Blackburn, United...
5 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Bars and entertainment

Thanks all will make sure I give them all a try 👍 Where's best for cocktails and is there many shops as the other half will want to shop I suppose haha

London, United...
Level Contributor
2,847 posts
225 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Bars and entertainment

Cocktails...........

Artemis....... on the harbour front.

Garden Bar .......A couple of streets back

Skala...... At the far end of the harbour

Edited: 4:13 pm, May 29, 2017
Get answers to your questions about Kardamena