We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Weather early may

Shropshire, United...
1 post
Save Topic
Weather early may

Hi

I'm traveling to kardamena staying at the Porto Bello Royal from 6th-13th May.

I'm just wondering if anyone knows or has personal experience to what the weather is like around this time of year? This is my brothers first time abroad and I hate for it to be rainy/cold the whole time. And what the hotel is like? I know it's the same brand (atlantica resort) as the sensatori hotel in Crete, so I'm just wondering if it's on par.

Thanks

Mentioned in this post
Crete
Crete
Greece
Olympia Mare
Olympia Mare
#1 of 39 hotels in Kardamena
Nissia Kamares Hotel Apartments
Nissia Kamares Hotel Apartments
#2 of 39 hotels in Kardamena
Origin Hotel Apartments
Origin Hotel Apartments
#3 of 39 hotels in Kardamena
Level Contributor
62 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Weather early may

Unfortunately I don't have an answer to your question but we are there from the 9th to 15th may and would like to know the answer also please? Hope you don't mind me joining your post

Edited: 8:08 am, April 18, 2017
Bexley, Kent
Level Contributor
841 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Weather early may

Hi there not sure if this will be much help but we were there either 2 or 3 years ago in may around the same time. The first 5 days of our 10 days there was heavy rain and thunderstorms day and evening. The remainder of our trip was late twenties and lovely weather. We were told it was freak weather so maybe it was a one off! We still had a lovely time though :-)

Patras, Greece
Level Contributor
1,078 posts
98 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Weather early may

Hi

Neither am I there! However, here in the Peloponnese it has been UK spring weather (well, maybe better, you can find temperatures on the Internet) for the last week or more and will improve by May. Not quite shorts and T-shirt weather yet, but I get hot enough taking the dog for a good long walk or working in the garden.

You should expect a spectacular thunderstorm or two and generally mild weather, high twenties or even 30..

Mentioned in this post
Walsall, United...
Level Contributor
192 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Weather early may

I am there from 2nd may till 14th.

Its no guarantee but I'd be expecting mid 20 averages during the day and cooler nights. Id also expect to come across a day or two of some rain but I'm hoping this is during the night or not at all during my stay!!

Have stayed in an Atlantica hotel in Cyprus which I enjoyed & get similar vibes with this hotel in resort size & type, high staff service & food quality. This one seems slightly more modern and fresher which is a bonus also. Hope any of that helps.

Mentioned in this post
Cyprus
Cyprus
Europe
Gloucester
Level Contributor
16 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Weather early may

Have been the last two years at the beginning of May and will be there from 7th to !4th this year. Usually the weather is very good although last year we did have a few cloudy days and a fair wind however it did not stop us enjoying sunbathing, walking, and exploring the island. It can be cooler in the evenings as others have said.

Enjoy!

Edited: 2:29 pm, April 23, 2017
United Kingdom
Level Contributor
2,843 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Weather early may

You could check one of the many weather sites, and check it with the live webcam on www.kosinfo.gr

Kos
Level Contributor
2,115 posts
263 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Weather early may

Today it was 32 degrees...much too hot for the time of year....so...its anybodies guess what will happen...yes just google the weather forecast they are usually accurate, except the temp they give as usually the shade temp at the airport...so you can add a few degrees.....now for the bad news....its has not rained once during the month of april....so we are all praying for one last rainfall before the summers starts....sorry.....but of course that may not happen...or it may...

Swindon, United...
Level Contributor
3,960 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Weather early may

A website says it's 23 degrees there today.

Kos
Level Contributor
2,115 posts
263 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Weather early may

yes it is...so in the sunshine...more like 30.....hahaha...especially in a sheltered spot...lovely breeze on my balcony...and looks like this for the next week...and by then we are into summer weather...but we are still hoping for one last rainfall..hopefully it will happen overnight...one night...ahhhhh

scotland
Level Contributor
160 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Weather early may

Hopefully it will be nice and warm when we arrive on the 18th may,back for our 7 th visit ,this time with our 6 month old daughter,hopefully you get your overnight thunderstorm before then!!

Get answers to your questions about Kardamena
Recent Conversations