We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

English breakfast

Lancashire, United...
Level Contributor
18 posts
Save Topic
English breakfast

Hi all, we're coming to Kos next month staying at Cleopatra Superior. Can anyone recommend somewhere close by that does a good full english at a reasonable price. TIA 😊

Mentioned in this post
Kos
Kos
Dodecanese, Greece
Cleopatra Superior Hotel
Cleopatra Superior Hotel
474 Reviews
Kos, Greece
London, United...
Level Contributor
2,633 posts
181 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: English breakfast

Loads of choice, Banana Beach Bar, &Anna's are probably the best choice.

A lot of places offer full English but often the bacon is really cheap / poor quality (Sunbeam for example)

If you leave the hotel, walk past the Kris Mari and then turn left ot wards the sea, at the crossroads,

Annas

Straight on then turn Right

Banana Beach Bar

Turn left at the crossroads and follow the road round to the beach, and Banana bar on your left.

If I wa sto pick one then it would be the Banana bar. We've stayed at the Cleopatra many times and have tried most of the local restaurants.

United Kingdom
Level Contributor
2,841 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: English breakfast

Manos not far from Anna's, probably has good breakfast if their other meals are anything to go by.

London, United...
Level Contributor
2,633 posts
181 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: English breakfast

Manos is not as good as it used to be for breakfast, toast not very nice and bacon mediocre. Have eaten there numerous times and whilst passable you will get a far better breakfast at the Banana Beach bar than at Manos, we ate breakfast at both in 2016.

Edited: 3:14 am, April 17, 2017
glasgow
Level Contributor
677 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: English breakfast

Annas definitely. Plus u get a free pint size juice aswell. Cant beat a pint ov freshly squeezed orange juice and lemonade when u hav a hangover.

scotland
Level Contributor
160 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: English breakfast

There are plenty of choices for good breakfast,we found skala on the harbour front to be the best but a bit more expensive,we also thought that the sunbeam was good,and good value!!

London, United...
Level Contributor
2,633 posts
181 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: English breakfast

Langlad,

You mention Skala, I suspect this was from a few years ago, they used to do a good value large breakfast I agree, but then then closed down and re opened last year as more of a "bistro / chill bar" with their main focus being on cocktails and snacks of an evening.

Sunbeam used to be ok, but last time we tried it the bacon they served was clearly cheap "offcuts"

It constantly changes in the village, a few years ago El Greco was highly regarded (When Zak ran it) but after he let someone else take it over the quality dropped.

The issue appears to be that many try and cut corners on ingredient costs (bacon in particular) and this makes a huge difference.

Mentioned in this post
Skala
Skala
Cephalonia, Greece
scotland
Level Contributor
160 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: English breakfast

I can't remember having a problem with the quality of bacon in the sunbeam,it was always pretty good when we were there last year,I will be there again come the 18th may so I will let you know what it's like!!

Kos
Level Contributor
2,115 posts
263 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: English breakfast

Skala does do breakfast...and also a healthy option...poached eggs on spinach...etc....yep all day trendy snacks.....delicious...but all the above are good recommendations...a different one every day..

Mentioned in this post
Skala
Skala
Cephalonia, Greece
London, United...
Level Contributor
2,633 posts
181 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: English breakfast

Update on Skala,and can confirm they offer good breakfast and serve thick cut Back Bacon.

Edited: 8:13 am, May 03, 2017
Mentioned in this post
Skala
Skala
Cephalonia, Greece
10. Re: English breakfast

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, May 05, 2018
Get answers to your questions about Kardamena
Recent Conversations