We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Drinks

United Kingdom
Level Contributor
430 posts
33 reviews
Save Topic
Drinks

We are looking at Sofias hotel complex (first time in Zante )could anyone please tell us if we would be better buying two bottles of alcohol at the airport before we leave or in resort it will be drank in the room. Can't make up our mind between sofias or Macedona hotel your help would be much appreciated Thank you.

London, United...
Level Contributor
24 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Drinks

I don't think you can buy alcohol at the airport on the way out as you're still travelling within the EU (for the moment anyway). There's plenty of little supermarkets in Kalamaki that will sell whatever drinks you want.

Newcastle upon...
Level Contributor
1,852 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Drinks

As above said, You can only buy Alcohol and cigarettes if travelling outside the EU,

They are cheaper in resort anyhow.

Newcastle upon...
Level Contributor
1,852 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Drinks

The Macedonia is right under the flight path so can be noisy, Sofia's is on the main road but close to everything including the old road and beach so a good choice in my eyes.

Newcastle upon...
Level Contributor
62 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Drinks

cant buy in UK airport to take with you to Zante

Yorkshire
Level Contributor
17 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Drinks

We are going to Macedonia again next week for the 2nd time, never had any problems with the flight path or noise. They do fly over but not once did it bother us either round the pool or sleeping. Great, chilled hotel, 5/10 min walk to the main restaurants, 5 minutes to the beach.

scotland
Level Contributor
160 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Drinks

You can take bottles ov spirits out from the uk,i quite regularly take a bottle ov Morgan's spice out with me to zante or Kos which I have bought at the airport!!

United Kingdom
Level Contributor
430 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Drinks

Langlad is it cheaper to buy alcohol in resort or from the airport here ?

Edited: 9:17 am, July 10, 2016
Zakynthos, Greece
Destination Expert
for Zakynthos, Tsilivi, Kalamaki
Level Contributor
6,006 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Drinks

Cheaper to buy at home from supermarket and pack in suitcase

9. Re: Drinks

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:18 am, July 12, 2017
Get answers to your questions about Kalamaki
Recent Conversations