We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Trip prices from Kalamaki

Gateshead
Level Contributor
519 posts
14 reviews
Save Topic
Trip prices from Kalamaki

My mum and aunt are coming to Kalamaki for my 2nd week and would like to do some trips. I have done some digging and got info for them on the trips to:

Kefalonia

Olympia

Athens, but cannot find any prices.

Has anyone done or priced these trips recently? Any info would be great!

Thanks in advance x

London, United...
Level Contributor
1,941 posts
172 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Trip prices from Kalamaki

We have done trips to Kephalonia from Zante a number of times, Kephalonia is a stunning Island but it is a fair bit bigger than Zante and the places to see are a fair bit between, we found that 2 or 3 days over there was ideal.

The Ferry takes , around 1.5 hours each way (Direct) but when out of high season (mid season) the Ferry goes via the mainland and as such the travel is around 2.5 hours each way.

You could do a day trip to Kephalonia but the reality is you would have little time to actually see much in Kephalonia as you would spend most of your time travelling on fery and coach / car. Kephalonia does have a lot of things to see and in many respects is the most attractive of the Greek Islands with interesting ports like Fiscardo, underground lakes, ruins (Castle at Sami) amazing beches Mertos beach, and views, and of course stunning fishing villages that seem to be "lost in time" Asos.

We did the trip via mainland Greece earlier this year, and the four ferry trips with the car and two persons cost around 250 euros.

I assume you are aware of the opportunities within Zante ? Obviously shipwreck beach, but also the Vasilikos region and it's eco village, and in the North Agios Nikolaos (But be careful you miss the coach parties as it gets rammed) and en route you have the blue caves and some stunning views and cliff edge bars.

Southampton, United...
Destination Expert
for Southampton, Kalamaki, Zakynthos
Level Contributor
3,120 posts
206 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Trip prices from Kalamaki

This is on top questions and has some prices

tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowTopic-g189462-i544-k44…

Gateshead
Level Contributor
519 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Trip prices from Kalamaki

Thanks Kaz x

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
325 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Trip prices from Kalamaki

We did the Athens trip a few years ago, We booked it through a travel agent on the main strip and it cost €86 each with a company called Cavo Grosso. From memory, last year I dont think it had gone up by much more.

You probably dont need telling but avoid using Thomas Cook/Thomsons etc as it will be a lot more expensive. We always use one of two companies on the main strip, Cavo Grosso & Eurosky as they are more reasonably priced. I think that the Olympia trip was around €30 This was the year before last) but that said you will have to pay extra when you get there for the entrance fee to get into the Museum so you will have to allow for that as well. Also with that one (Olympia) this is a lot more rushed than other trips due to the coach having time pressure to make the return ferry back to Zakynthos. Athens was an overnight run but the price you pay will be all inclusive, the coach, the ferry & overnight accomodation with breakfast. (you will have to pay for the Evening meal when you get there separately though) Round the Island trips are cheaper and are well worth it and these are by boat and a separate one by road.

Gateshead
Level Contributor
519 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Trip prices from Kalamaki

Thanks John! that is great :)

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
325 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Trip prices from Kalamaki

No problem. Enjoy. We have done all the trips and there is'nt one we did not like. I particularly recommend the coach trip round Zante, they have quite a few stops along the way, and one in particular is in a small village where they sell honey, wine & Olive oil. All produced in that area. The wine is to die for.

Look out for the jeep safari's as well. Exactly the same as the coach trip but more off the beaten track. More of a bumpy ride, but a top few hours out. Enjoy.

7. Re: Trip prices from Kalamaki

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:20 am, August 10, 2014
Get answers to your questions about Kalamaki
Recent Conversations