We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Macedonia aug 2013

London, United...
Level Contributor
102 posts
18 reviews
Save Topic
Macedonia aug 2013

Iv just booked to stay in the macedonia apartments for 2 weeks in aug 2013 it's our 1st time to kalamaki . Any one else stayed here I can see from the street view on just zante website that the beach is nice and close but was wondering how long it takes to walk to the main resort centre and also is laganas walking distance as we're taking the older kids too 16,18,21 year olds . How busy is kalamaki in aug ? Hope there's plenty of space on the beaches ? Is there any good snorkling around this area? Sooo looking forward to it even though its 8 months away yet lol !

Level Contributor
127 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Macedonia aug 2013

hello

stayed last year with three younger kids.... great hotel and great location 5 mins stroll to beach 10 mins to main strip. plenty to keep you occupied. :)

Level Contributor
259 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Macedonia aug 2013

We went to kalamaki in 2010 and 2011 and took a 17/18 year old he met friends and they got a taxi to laganas think it was 10ish euros we used to walk along the beach to laganas in the Day for a drink , there are enough bars in kalamaki in the evenings thou

Edited: 5:31 pm, January 05, 2013
County Meath...
Level Contributor
3,303 posts
132 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Macedonia aug 2013

Hi amy79,

We stayed in the Macedonia last year.(see my review on the apts)

We had a FAB time & met so many lovely people.The beach is just at the end of the road,about 5 mins & as already mentioned 10 mins to the strip.

Request one of the new apt,the majority of the apts are new,however there is an old block.

You can walk along the beach in to Laganas or take a taxi.You may not walk far in the heat though !

Have a super time,I'm sure you will become addicted,our friends are 7 years going to the Macedonia ! We were also in Kalamaki in 2011,stayed in the Exotica.

London, United...
Level Contributor
102 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Macedonia aug 2013

Thanks guys roll on August x

Level Contributor
72 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Macedonia aug 2013

Hey can anyone tell me what temperature i should be expecting last 2 weeks in August? Have VERY fair skin so need to know what factors to take and what clothes to bring, also will laganas have quietened down a bit by then? Not staying there but just hoping to travel around the island and see all resorts as we have 2 weeks, just may avoid laganas if there will be rowdy drunk young people everywhere, thanks

County Meath...
Level Contributor
3,303 posts
132 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Macedonia aug 2013

Laganas is just a strip of pubs,clubs,fast food restaurants & shops.I have gone through the resort a few times,stayed on the outskirts (Karras Studios) many years ago but over the past few years we avoid it.

We have been staying in Kalamaki,loved it.Having said that we were in Kalamki last year & it was considerably quieter.We always travel the first week in August.Temps last year during the first week were in the mid 40's for a day or 2.I would say you could expect temps in the 30's whe you are there,you could also have rain,we had 3 days of torrential rain in Laganas in August a few years back & an earthquake !! So,anything is possible....

Level Contributor
72 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Macedonia aug 2013

Thanks for your reply, :) yes i might avoid laganas so and just visit the other resorts. Doesnt really sound like my kind of thing :) thanks again! God i hope it doesnt rain was hoping to avoid the awful weather on holidays. Can you avoid the general laganas crew in the other resorts or do they tend to

Travel to the other resorts during the day? Just hoping I wouldn't be surrounded by drunk teens for 2 weeks :)

Bath, United Kingdom
Level Contributor
361 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Macedonia aug 2013

The Laganas kids stay in Laganas Salz, the odd booze cruise aside. All the other resorts are fine.

Bingley, England...
Level Contributor
14 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Macedonia aug 2013

We have booked a 2 bedroom apartment for 2 weeks beginning 12th June 2013. Is it possible to request an apartment on the upper floor, we would also like one of the refurbished rooms if possible.

Leeds, United...
Level Contributor
610 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Macedonia aug 2013

I've never stayed there but most hotels try and accommodate the wishes of guests. It all depends if they are busey or not or what rooms are allocated to tour companies there's no harm in trying. I'd e-mail them in the first instance at the beginning of the season and then call or e-mail a couple of weeks before departure as a reminder.

Here's their contact details

+30 26950 24590

macedoniahotel@gmail.com

http://www.macedoniahotel.gr

Edited: 12:22 pm, April 04, 2013
Get answers to your questions about Kalamaki