We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Noise from aircraft at Kalamaki.

Which Kalamaki hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Level Contributor
73 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Noise from aircraft at Kalamaki.

I am looking to book the Bitzaro Grande Hotel for next June (is this the same hotel as Bitzaro Palace; just a name change ?) Anyhow I looked at various pictures of Kalamaki on google earth and there seemed to be lots of aircraft skimming over rooftops. As I am wanting a relaxing holiday, how much noise is there from the planes and how often >?

Southampton, United...
Destination Expert
for Southampton, Kalamaki, Zakynthos
Level Contributor
3,060 posts
200 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Noise from aircraft at Kalamaki.

They are two separate hotels with the same owners. The Bitzarro palace is located close to the Grande.

Have a look at this thread for some comments on aircraft noise.

tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowTopic-g189462-i544-k58…

Level Contributor
127 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Noise from aircraft at Kalamaki.

We stayed at the macedonia which is practically at the end of the runway. You notice the first one or two but then you just get used to em and kalamaki is such a great place it certainly doesnt ruin your holiday. Its honestly nothing to worry about.

northumberland
Level Contributor
1,552 posts
136 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Noise from aircraft at Kalamaki.

Bit of an attraction really!- has never bothered any one i met on holiday!

Enjoy!

Level Contributor
73 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Noise from aircraft at Kalamaki.

Thank you all for your replies. I feel reassured now about the noise. !!

Tonypandy, United...
Level Contributor
304 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Noise from aircraft at Kalamaki.

Don't let it stop you from going to such a wonderful island - Kalamaki is our favourite resort. The planes are quite a feature and really won't spoil your enjoyment at all.

Wirral
Level Contributor
135 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Noise from aircraft at Kalamaki.

We stayed in Kalamaki during July and can honestly say that we did not find the planes flying over a problem. As other people have said, it is more of a novelty and by the end of your holiday you don't even really notice them. We certainly never got woken by the early morning flights.

Please do not be put off Kalamaki by the planes - Kalamaki is brilliant holiday resort and we would love to return in the future!

Bristol
Level Contributor
304 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Noise from aircraft at Kalamaki.

Never ever bother us at the Amaryllis in fact even the kids stopped looking at them! You shoudn't get any bother from them.

surrey
Level Contributor
48 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Noise from aircraft at Kalamaki.

No problems at all, been going to Kalamaki for years and it has never bothered us, a lovely place with lovely people ..

East Kilbride...
Level Contributor
156 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Noise from aircraft at Kalamaki.

The plane noise does occur, but it was not really an issue for us. A bit of a sight when you are on the beach.

Two different Hotels. I have stayed at both. I prefer the Grande. I wrote a review on the grande under the hotel name. There are plentyof reviews there.

I rekon the price of the holiday will come down in the new year. Last year the local Tom Cook shop was 5% cheaper than the website.

Enjoy your break.

Ron

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
321 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Noise from aircraft at Kalamaki.

It is 2 different hotels operated by the same owners.

These 2 are very close to the runway so there will be \ircraft noise, but that said there is not a continual bombardment of planes coming & going throughout the day & night as there are restrictions controlling this.

Nothing is allowed either in or out of the airport after 10pm because of the turtles so you are not gonna be kept up all night with it.

Get answers to your questions about Kalamaki
Recent Conversations