We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cameo Island Bridge

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
76 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
Cameo Island Bridge

Have recently seen a video on you tube of the bridge over to Cameo Island being totally trashed due to the storm - have to admit got quite emotional watching it. Hope this is going to be rebuilt before my reutrn next year as it's an excellent base to watch the turtles :((

Bath, United Kingdom
Level Contributor
361 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Cameo Island Bridge

"Have recently seen a video on you tube of the bridge over to Cameo Island being totally trashed due to the storm...."

Can't find that....can you post a link?

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
76 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Cameo Island Bridge

not sure how to post link but if you go on you tube type in Agios Sostis Bridge Cameo - you should find it there! Let me know if you do see it

Bath, United Kingdom
Level Contributor
361 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Cameo Island Bridge

That's very sad.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Q0FVOwNt_g

Sure they'll rebuild it....never been though I've often planned to, just never got around to it.

Leeds, United...
Level Contributor
603 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Cameo Island Bridge

I'm sure they will, the bar is very popular for weddings. Could do with a stone or concrete one really.

Ian

slough
Level Contributor
138 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Cameo Island Bridge

That is really sad to see the bridge knocked down, do you think it has happened in the past though as they must have thir fair share of storms and rough seas? I agree I think a sturdier bridge should be built but the wooden one they had added to the charm of cameo island.

Oxford, United...
Level Contributor
386 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Cameo Island Bridge

Wow, that was a little bit heartbreaking to watch. We went to Camio during our holiday and loved our couple of hours there. I'm sure it'll be rebuilt for next summer though, hopefully a little strong but still as ramshackle and rickety looking. I'd hate to see something modern, it needs to retain that charm.

Wirral
Level Contributor
167 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Cameo Island Bridge

hi they have fixed the bridge by agios sostis as we went over it on sunday, and had a lovely day, they said it took them 4 days. caz

Hiroshima, Japan
1 post
Save Reply
8. Re: Cameo Island Bridge

there is a bit of waves with bridge scene

http://youtu.be/bSXvcKJleHw

9. Re: Cameo Island Bridge

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:16 am, December 10, 2013
Get answers to your questions about Kalamaki
Recent Conversations