We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Macedonia Apts...couple of questions

County Meath...
Level Contributor
3,302 posts
132 reviews
Save Topic
Macedonia Apts...couple of questions

Just packing here & the countdown is on.

Can anyone tell me if the apts have kettle, hairdyer & toaster ?

Can an iron be hired in reception ?

Level Contributor
127 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Macedonia Apts...couple of questions

Hiya, they have kettle and hairdryer in the room. No toaster. And I'm not sure about irons. Enjoy, its a lovely

Little hotel.

London, United...
Level Contributor
36 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Macedonia Apts...couple of questions

Funny you should ask about the iron I was thinking of posting the same question this morning.

Please if anyone could let us know about the iron it would be a great help and save some space in our bags.

Level Contributor
127 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Macedonia Apts...couple of questions

Drop the hotel an email, I'm sure they can arrange something they are really helpful.

County Meath...
Level Contributor
3,302 posts
132 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Macedonia Apts...couple of questions

Thank you,I have just sent an email to the hotel.

Also,I see pics of a litttle church...is that in the grounds of the hotel ?

Are there restaurants/bars/supermarket on the same road as the apts ?

We stayed in the Exotica last year & we were only seconds away from the strip.

Edited: 1:33 pm, July 29, 2012
Level Contributor
127 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Macedonia Apts...couple of questions

Yea the little church is within the hotel grounds. Restaurants are 5 min walk away (not far at all)

Hope you have a great time, very jealous.

only 297 days til I'm back in Kalamaki ;)

London, United...
Level Contributor
36 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Macedonia Apts...couple of questions

Hi Mary,

I stayed at the Marelen last year which is just across the road, so I know a little about the local area. There is a restaurant called Paulo (I hope I spelled it correctly) which we enjoyed. If you go to the top of the road turn right and its on the left hand side. The rest of the restaurants and bars are just a bit further up the main strip. There is a supermarket just next to Paulo, also there is a small one in the Marelen hotel and another on the way down to the beach, if I remember correctly the one next to Paulo was a bit cheaper than the other two.

Could you let us know the response fro the hotel regarding the iron please?

County Meath...
Level Contributor
3,302 posts
132 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Macedonia Apts...couple of questions

Just got a response from the hotel,we can borrow an iron from reception.

London, United...
Level Contributor
36 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Macedonia Apts...couple of questions

Brilliant thank you for your help. Have a great time.

Gateshead
Level Contributor
519 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Macedonia Apts...couple of questions

Stayed there last year. Kettle and hair dryer in room, no Iron or toaster.

The little chapel is just as you go into the Apartments (grounds entrance not reception) - it is tiny but very pretty.

I didn't see any supermarkets on same road unless they are in the grounds of other hotels on that road but if you turn left out of Macedonia and walk a min or so to main road and turn right, there is a very good supermarket across the road ( about 3 mins walk away).

Regarding walk to strip, follow directions as above for supermarket and another 5 mins or so will bring you to first restaurant (Paolo) anther 2 mins on will bring you to first of bars (Oasis).

The good thing about Macedonia location is its proximity to beach - come out of Apartments and turn right, less than 5 mins to beach and the Kalamaki Beach Taverna is right at end of road :)

Beware of low flying aircraft though lol - enjoy!

Edited: 4:34 pm, July 29, 2012
ireland
Level Contributor
16 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Macedonia Apts...couple of questions

hiya we are only back 3 weeks, i like to have a light breakfast, preferably on the balcony, just toast and coffee suits me (some greek honey delicious on the toast) so i bought a cheap toaster in argos €5.99 brought it over, served its purpose brilliantly and i left it behind so if you want o email them and ask them if the toaster left behind in room 316 can be left in your room LOL? you probably think i am mad (my husband did) but he agreed after the first morning that it was a great idea!!!!!

i am so jealous enjoy

Get answers to your questions about Kalamaki
Recent Conversations