We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Job in Kalamaki

Which Kalamaki hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Uk, Midlands
2 posts
Save Topic
Job in Kalamaki

Hi there

A few of my friends are going over to Kalamaki to work this Season. They are all 18-21. Im a bit older, 24, and have spent a few years managing and running pubs here in England. Would anyone know what the best way of tryin to get a bar manager/supervisor job over there is? My mates are all saying just to go over there and worry about it when i get there, but I like being a bit more organised than that!

Many thanks

Zakynthos, Greece
Destination Expert
for Zakynthos, Tsilivi, Kalamaki
Level Contributor
5,520 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Job in Kalamaki

From a bar owner i will tell you now that this year it will be very different. If your friends have been offered work already and have definately got jobs then they ar very lucky but last season 11 businesses closed in Kalamaki during the season as it was so quiet, this season some businesses may not re-open so that will mean less to choose from again.

Also if i employed any staff (which i don't) i would not employe in advance as this season will be so unpredictable, i would wait to see how the season unfolds and then employe if needed as there is always someone looking for work not just tourists but locals.

There aren't many places over here that give contracts, 9/10 it will be if its busy you keep your job, if not your gone, so even if you have been offered work you may only get 4 weeks work if the season is quiet.

The only advice i can give is if you are coming out to find work make sure you have money to back you up if anything should go wrong.

This season everyone will be watching their money with the financial climate the way it is.

2. Re: Job in Kalamaki

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 9:22 am, August 11, 2009
Get answers to your questions about Kalamaki
Recent Conversations