We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Kalamaki in October?

Sheffield, United...
Level Contributor
1 post
5 reviews
Save Topic
Kalamaki in October?

Hi

Me and my fiancee are planning a quick holiday to Kalamaki at the beginning of October and was wondering what people's thoughts are of going at that time of year? Is it still busy and is the weather at least decent?! It must be better than the UK!!

Thanks in advance everyone and have a good day.

Jon

Mentioned in this post
Kalamaki
Kalamaki
Zakynthos, Greece
10 replies to this topic
Southampton, United...
Destination Expert
for Southampton, Kalamaki, Zakynthos
Level Contributor
3,258 posts
222 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Kalamaki in October?

The weather will be nice and warm but you will probably experience a storm or a shower or two, with luck overnight ;) The resort won't be quite as busy as in the summer months but there are always people around who prefer the quieter weeks. The restaurants and bars will be open as usual and its altogether a peaceful time. Its not until mid October onwards that some places start to close up for the winter.

Its going to be a lot warmer than the uk that's for sure.

Cumbria, United...
Level Contributor
234 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Kalamaki in October?

Hi

We were there first week in october last year and going back same time this year we only had one wet day and its obviously cooler at nights but during the day its still warm enough to sunbathe the bars and restaurants are quieter but mostly still open

Enjoy!!!

scotland
Level Contributor
160 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Kalamaki in October?

We go the 5th October this year,never been at this time before ,we usually go July/august but we have a 1 year old this year so we thought it might be a good idea to go later so it's bearable for her,still hooding for warm days,let's be honest it will be better than it is in Scotland!!

Bicester, United...
Level Contributor
44 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Kalamaki in October?

went first week last year had one big storm .warm in the day cool at night .sea is still warm.plenty of entertainment if you know where to go .we've also booked same week this year

Bicester, United...
Level Contributor
44 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Kalamaki in October?

bringing our one year granddaughter out might see you aboutlanglad.

Edited: 9:09 am, August 16, 2017
scotland
Level Contributor
160 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Kalamaki in October?

Yes possibly,our daughters first trip to zante,although we had her in kos in may,the Greeks are great with kids,we are staying at the rainbow for the first time!!

Bicester, United...
Level Contributor
44 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Kalamaki in October?

maciedonia again for us.

london
Level Contributor
35 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Kalamaki in October?

can I ask we are going Macedonia 1st 2 weeks October, having studio, hubby and I need fair size balcony and hopefully sunshine with it overlooking pool as we are 65plus like to take things easy at our age lol. We don't want ground floor though. suggestions would be mostly appreciated,

thanks

Mentioned in this post
Hotel Macedonia
Hotel Macedonia
450 Reviews
Zakynthos, Greece
Dundee, United...
Level Contributor
21 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Kalamaki in October?

We fly from Glasgow on 5th Oct as we couldn't make it during the summer this year. To be fair it was too hot for me last July so as long as it's hot but not too hot and there's plenty bars and restaurants open then I'll be happy!

Mentioned in this post
Glasgow
Glasgow
Scotland, UK
South Yorkshire...
1 post
Save Reply
10. Re: Kalamaki in October?

Shopping in kalamaki.

Me and my daughter are off to kalamaki 15 Oct does anyone know how far the shopping centres are and markets please

Reply to: Kalamaki in October?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Kalamaki
Recent Conversations