We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Halal Food in Malapascua Island

Which Malapascua Island hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Level Contributor
31 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Halal Food in Malapascua Island

Hi there,

I am planning to visit Malapascua in March.

Being Muslims, we can only eat halal food.

However, currently I'm unable to find any halal food establishments on the island.

Kindly advise if you know.

Thanks in advance for the help.

Philippines
Destination Expert
for Philippines
Level Contributor
5,665 posts
263 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Halal Food in Malapascua Island

@ Dadelina

1) Filipino restaurants do not usually advertise this aspect of halal food

2) Halal is generally an alien concept in Luzon and most of Visayas (so is, for that matter, vegetarian food - which is usually confused for food which has shrimps and vegetables! - not just here, but in many other countries!)

3) Malapascua is in Visayas, not Mindanao (where some restaurants understand halal food), so I doubt if most restaurants in Malapascua will understand what halal food is. Malapascua is anyway not known for high class hotels and restaurants.

4) My suggestion? Stick to dishes with only vegetables. (It is a good idea to ask them to make a particular dish on their menu, only with vegetables, no meat. So it still is tasty, has local flavour). I am not sure... will this fit into your definition of halal food? (I know it does for some Mohammedan friends of mine... but I also know that different people have different beliefs)

5) The restaurants are very familiar understand the idea of "no pork"

Cebu Island...
Level Contributor
147 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Halal Food in Malapascua Island

There is plenty of fresh fish to be had on Malapascua

alkhobar
Level Contributor
3,074 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Halal Food in Malapascua Island

Hi Dadelina, what is the Islam rule if there are no halal food on the islands?

alkhobar
Level Contributor
3,074 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Halal Food in Malapascua Island

Not all fish are halal, some of them are haraam.

5. Re: Halal Food in Malapascua Island

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 3:16 am, November 21, 2014
Get answers to your questions about Malapascua Island